Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

JudyG 07-05-2012 06:53 AM

Would love to see a picture of your fabrics.

Originally Posted by sion (Post 5340155)
thanks so much for all the help, guys!

the fabric we make most of is multicoloured, sort of hand-painted but with dyes. Colourwise I suppose a bit like the backgrounds on some of the bali batiks etc. We started making them specifically for people doing very realistic floral applique, so there are lots of shades and subtle blends even on the analogous pieces (say yellow-peach-pink, for eg), and often quite textural, so it's nothing like using solids. Anyway it sounds like if we did her 12 FQ + metreage for the border bits she'd have enough to go on with (esp if we throw in a handful of scraps lol).

thanks again, really appreciate the help!

Fabric Galore 07-06-2012 03:02 PM

I wish you would post some pictures of your finished dyed fabrics. I have never tried to dye fabric but sometimes I get so frustrated when I can't find the colors I want. Sounds like fun! But then again if I take up another hobby I'm going to have to clean out some of my existing "stuff". That would be rough.

Fabric Galore 07-08-2012 11:59 AM

I cut out my 4 outer borders yesterday. Today, after church, I traced the pattern onto the first strip and I traced the pattern pieces onto my Wash-Away Applique sheets. I will probably cut them out this evening while I watch TV and then tomorrow I will be ready to cut the pieces out of fabric. I am using 2 different batiks for the borders. I am still unsure what colors I will use in the embroidery. I think I will wait until the applique is finished and then decide on the colors of my embroidery thread.:p

Deecee 07-08-2012 01:19 PM

Good going Losie. :thumbup:

candi 07-08-2012 05:48 PM

Losie, I just went and found the blocks you posted, very pretty, I love the pretty embroidery you did and can't wait to see your top finished.

I am at the borders stage too, only it is at a standstill now..hoping to get back to it in a few weeks. I am determined to have my top finished by the fall...wish me luck, lol.

Fabric Galore 07-10-2012 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by candi (Post 5349417)
Losie, I just went and found the blocks you posted, very pretty, I love the pretty embroidery you did and can't wait to see your top finished.

I am at the borders stage too, only it is at a standstill now..hoping to get back to it in a few weeks. I am determined to have my top finished by the fall...wish me luck, lol.

Thank you for your kind words. I am hoping to be finished before we leave here on vacation on 9/16 but I'm going to have to work faster in order for that to happen. I thought summer time would be a time for more leisure but it ain't happening. Good luck with your borders!

leakus 07-13-2012 03:09 PM

I made 6 AOTH blocks and stopped. I feel like resuming this quilt. Anybody else working on it now?

Deecee 07-13-2012 03:27 PM

I'm still at 5 and need to finish up some other commitments first - but do intend to continue with AOTH.

woody 07-13-2012 11:22 PM

I have made 9 and am still working on them when I get the time. I have a few things to finish up and I will get into them again.

sharon b 07-14-2012 09:20 AM

I just got a job where I will have free time for hand sewing so this might be the perfect time to start - I already have the book, fabric and pages printed out :)