Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Cre8tvlwyr 02-19-2012 03:46 PM

Kathy - about are we done yet??? some "we's r not done at all!!! Did I read somewhere in my scanning from time to time there is a new group starting?? And btw - how is little bird coming along??
Monica

lisamortell 02-22-2012 08:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all I thought I would give you a peek at my quilting I’m about half way done its going slow and man am I using a lot of thread. Lisa <o:p></o:p>

jacquie 02-22-2012 01:30 PM

wow lisa!! i LOOOOOOVE your quilting!! that is stunning!!
really wonderful work!!! well done lass! it will be very worth it!!!

jacquie 02-22-2012 01:32 PM

yeeeaahh!!! a new group!!

instead of being very behind in this group, it means i will be very ahead in this next group!!!:thumbup:

happy dance!!:D

JudyG 02-22-2012 02:36 PM

Lisa, your quilting is beautiful. I had thought about quilting mine, but chickened out and sent it out to be done. Can't wait to get it back. After enlarging the designs to make a queen quilt, I decided I didn't need another bed quilt so ended up just making the center (on point) and the border of blocks and eliminating the large outside border. It will hang on the wall above my bed.

I will be working again along with the newest group as I have been asked to chair a committee to make and sell the raffle quilt for our 2014 quilt show here in Wickenburg AZ and have decided that AOTH would be an awesome raffle quilt. I have ordered navy kona cotton to use as the background and will be cutting blocks as soon as it gets here. I don't know how many volunteers I am going to get from our group to applique the blocks, but I'm hoping I'll get enough that we'll each only have to do 3 or 4 blocks. Need to get these blocks done so that it can be quilted next fall. We sell chances for the raffle quilt for a full year before the quilt show.

I learned something from working on my own quilt last year. I had enlarged the pattern by 142% for a 10" block, but that really doesn't leave much room between the designs for quilting. For this new quilt I plan on using 10" blocks again, but only enlarging the pattern to be 8", thereby leaving 1" on each side of each block for quilting, so that where 2 blocks are sewn together there is 2" to quilt. I think I will like that a lot better.

As to a prior question about thread for applique, I bought a couple of the Superior Masterpiece thread bobbin donuts, each of which is filled with different colors of thread. That way I had a large supply of different colors of thread for the applique and didn't have to buy large spools of thread that I might not use in the future.

Looking forward to working along with you guys who are just starting this. It's an awesome quilt and I really enjoyed making the one I did last year.

Deecee 02-22-2012 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by jacquie (Post 4998581)
yeeeaahh!!! a new group!!

instead of being very behind in this group, it means i will be very ahead in this next group!!!:thumbup:

happy dance!!:D

Ditto - but replace the "very ahead" with "slightly ahead".

Fabric Galore 02-24-2012 03:05 PM

Lisa, your quilting is exquisite! You are going to have a masterpiece by the time you are finished.

sharon b 02-24-2012 04:30 PM

Judy where do you get Superior Masterpiece thread bobbin donuts ? What a clever way to get a lot of different colors without a lot of spools :)

JudyG 02-24-2012 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 5005364)
Judy where do you get Superior Masterpiece thread bobbin donuts ? What a clever way to get a lot of different colors without a lot of spools :)

I got them at the LQS here in Wickenburg. You can get them online from Connecting Threads and there are a couple of other sites that are a little bit cheaper than CT, but I am not familiar with them.

sandpat 02-25-2012 05:56 AM

Lisa, your quilt is fabulous! I'm in the quilting stage too, but still have 1 more border to finish on mine. I'm quilting it in sections, so I could quilt it and continue working on it at the same time. I love how you are doing the stacked bananas...Lesely did those too on hers. Gorgeous girl! Can't wait to see it done!