Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Obsessed 03-02-2011 06:18 PM

Wow Judy - those summer batiks really pop on the blue background! Love your fabrics. Don't you just love connecting threads batiks!?

JudyG 03-02-2011 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Molly....good vibes being sent your way! I know you would rather get it over and done with...waiting is terrible! You should get Elle to cross her eyes...I have no idea why, but it ALWAYS works!! LOL!

Judy, what a lovely group of colors! I love the background! I have hesitated to order the batiks from CT..I ordered some fabric from them previously and it had a type of sheen that I didn't care for. Are the batiks that way? Yours look sooo wonderful that I might have to give them a try.

I love the batiks. I handwashed all 50 of them tonight and only 1 had any dye come out of it at all. I couldn't believe that. After the first few I thought, "Maybe I don't have to do this." But I figured the one I didn't wash would be the one that bled all over my quilt, so I washed them all, and it was about the 45th piece that bled for about 3 dunkings, then it quit. So I think things are looking good.

Now I have to find some embroidery thread. I'm thinking variegated, but am not sure. It's a 30 minute drive to find anyone who has any, so it'll be awhile before I find any, I am sure. But everything else seems to have fallen into place.

JudyG 03-02-2011 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Wow Judy - those summer batiks really pop on the blue background! Love your fabrics. Don't you just love connecting threads batiks!?

I do, Lara. And like I mentioned to Patti, only 1 out of the 50 I got bled at all. I was really impressed.

QuiltswithConvicts 03-02-2011 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Judy, what a lovely group of colors! I love the background! I have hesitated to order the batiks from CT. I ordered some fabric from them previously and it had a type of sheen that I didn't care for. Are the batiks that way? Yours look sooo wonderful that I might have to give them a try.

Patti, their fabric and their batiks are made with 2 completely different types of fabrics! I am not impressed with their regular fabrics, but the batik fabric is another kind. I was skeptical at first, but when I actually saw & felt the batiks, it was love at first fondle. They are just as silky and soft as the other batiks! The only drawback is the limited selection they have. Not too many prints, but what they do have is wonderful.

Cre8tvlwyr 03-02-2011 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Obsessed

OK - now that I see a post with "connecting threads" in it I have to ask about using their fabric. I ordered from them a while back ..I think it was because they had a good price on Karen Kay Buckley's perfect circles.. anyway they were offering a free spool of thread or a yard of fabric with your order - cant remember which as I know one was free and I received both, neither of which I have used yet [...with those UFOs!!] the thread seems a little heavy to me and the fabric I have is printed on one side ...dont really know how to explain but if you've ordered from them you probably know what I mean... the back side is rather opaque [I know I'm babbling...and I'll stop!]

I just really wanted to ask how the fabric handles??

luvmortherest 03-02-2011 08:41 PM

beautiful Judy

Cre8tvlwyr 03-02-2011 11:31 PM

have any of you ordered fabric from ebay? I have ordered fabrics many times from crowsnestquilting - which is an online ebay store. Their fabrics are wonderful!! I made [UFO - not quite 'made'] the Quiltshow.com quilt for 2009 which used red rooster fabrics - Robert Callaham's Canterbury pattern. three of us worked on the same pattern together. After spending $10/yd on most fabrics I found the store and we ordered the rest for $2.99!!! It was the exact same fabric. They buy in bulk with little overhead. The prices have gone up slightly but most fabs are still under $4 - try it out - I'm fairly certain they ship internationally as well.

Butterflyspain 03-03-2011 01:01 AM

Gorgeous fabrics there I love them all. I must get down to washing my fabrics though, I have a few of my own that may be suspicious. I love that Blue Mirage that is a definate winner

Elle

Lacelady 03-03-2011 02:18 AM

Molly, vibes on their way across the Atlantic - I hope they get there soon.

Judy, I love your fabs - when you mix the whole lot together, they will make a beautiful quilt.

sandpat 03-03-2011 06:00 AM

OK...ya'll have convinced me not to shy away from the CT batiks! I'll have to try them. I'll also check out the ebay link...thanks for sharing!!