Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Ducky 03-03-2011 07:29 AM

Mine won't be on actual denim (just denim looking fabric) but I was thinking about Forever in Blue Jeans (yes, as in the Neil Diamond song)

JudyG 03-03-2011 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Ducky
Mine won't be on actual denim (just denim looking fabric) but I was thinking about Forever in Blue Jeans (yes, as in the Neil Diamond song)

Great name, Ducky. And you'll have something to hum while you're working away.

I think I've become obsessed with applique. I have officially joined the JTG club. Couldn't sleep last night so got up and worked on my first block for a couple of hours. It's looking good. Now I need to get my embroidery thread so I can figure out what I want to do (color? variegated? who knows yet!). I practiced applique on a couple of blocks for a swap I'm doing, and can' believe how much better I feel I've gotten just in a week's time. By the time we get done with this quilt, we'll all be applique experts.

Obsessed 03-03-2011 07:45 AM

I've got Diana Ross singing "Baby Love" stuck in my head, so it's only fair that someone else is singing while they work! Great name!

sewnmom 03-03-2011 07:47 AM

Judy, what the "JTG club" i might want or need to join, LOL,LOL molly

luvmortherest 03-03-2011 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by sewnmom

the "JTG CLUB" (Jump the Gun Club) refers to those who have started this project before the June start date.

Cre8tvlwyr 03-03-2011 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by luvmortherest

the "JTG CLUB" (Jump the Gun Club) refers to those who have started this project before the June start date.

so the rest of us ['us' as I am really really tempted to join but got to get the RR done] will really look like we are laggin?

gaigai 03-03-2011 10:35 AM

Hey Duckster..... the last time DA MAN was here in town I had GREAT TICKETS!!! I bought 2 (paid more than $700 bucks) and took a coworker. It was AWESOME!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Butterflyspain 03-03-2011 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr

Originally Posted by luvmortherest

so the rest of us ['us' as I am really really tempted to join but got to get the RR done] will really look like we are laggin?

No that wasn´t the idea at all. I did only one as I wanted to try out a) the colours on my yellow and to see how I faired with needleturn. I think Lacelady is a little more advanced but she has done this to help those who have never appliqued using this method. i think most have only tried one block to see how they felt about the project.

Elle

crochetetc 03-03-2011 11:02 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok I finally took some pics of my completed blocks. I am doing 2 color ways a light slate grey and a dark black both moda. I am using only batiks that I have been collecting over the years.

I have them all stored in a custom made picture album so they stay clean and not wrinkled. (thats why the glare page protectors)

crochetetc 03-03-2011 11:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Part 2 of my blocks