Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Finished Quilt Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-finished-quilt-photos-t123926.html)

lynnie k 06-04-2011 10:38 AM

we are supposed to start on the 5th I am glad I am with the JTGC. I have all the center blocks done .Have no Idea about the border. Lacelady How can you be this far already when You help so many of us with the Tut's you post thanks so much.

Mousie 06-04-2011 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie k
we are supposed to start on the 5th I am glad I am with the JTGC. I have all the center blocks done .Have no Idea about the border. Lacelady How can you be this far already when You help so many of us with the Tut's you post thanks so much.

She's uncanny!!! quick, accurate and smooooth! ;-)

QuiltswithConvicts 06-04-2011 11:44 AM

Lynnie, Lesley is unbelievable! She must be able to do two things at one time - something for each hand! :-) I don't know how she accomplishes so much in one day, but she does & her work is impeccable! And all the while she is doing one thing, her mind is already designing something else!

Mousie 06-04-2011 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Lynnie, Lesley is unbelievable! She must be able to do two things at one time - something for each hand! :-) I don't know how she accomplishes so much in one day, but she does & her work is impeccable! And all the while she is doing one thing, her mind is already designing something else!

yup, yup, yup...that's our Lesley! :-D

Lacelady 06-05-2011 02:31 PM

It's easy, its because I sit on my backside such a lot! LOL. But yes, I do think ahead. I'm getting closer, I have all four big borders on, corners mitered, and two and a half of them have the reverse hearts done across those mitres.

lynnie k 06-06-2011 02:40 PM

Oh my Lesley, I wish I could spend a week with you. Just imagine how much I could learn. I am back at home now so my blocks won't get done as fast as when I spent my time in a hotel room just working all day on my blocks. To many kids wanting my attention. Today 3 of my GD wanted to learn Applique' so the traced patterns and are ready to cut them out for their quilt. So I had to help them. Maybe tomorrow I can get one of my blocks done (HOPING) can't wait to see your borders

lynnie k 06-06-2011 02:45 PM

I am thinking ahead also. My next quilt is going to be Beautiful Botanicals by Deborah Kemball. I don't think I can do Little Brown Birds it seems a bit hard.

Lacelady 06-06-2011 03:24 PM

I am thinking ahead also. My next quilt is going to be Beautiful Botanicals by Deborah Kemball. I don't think I can do Little Brown Birds it seems a bit hard.

OOOH, just took a peek on Amazon and the book looked really nice. The front cover reminded me of Crewel (wool) work designs. They should make a really nice applique quilt.

QuiltswithConvicts 06-06-2011 05:32 PM

I peeked too. Ooooo! It is beautiful & I didn't see a single scroll!!! Plenty of melons (leaves) though.

I'm going to do LBB by machine using my open satin stitch method & fusibles.

Mousie 06-06-2011 06:45 PM

I peeked too. Ooooo! It is beautiful & I didn't see a single scroll!!! Plenty of melons (leaves) though.

I'm going to do LBB by machine using my open satin stitch method & fusibles.

LOL...no scrolls...LOL!
melon sounds good! (i'm on a diet!) ;)