Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Finished Quilt Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-finished-quilt-photos-t123926.html)

Mousie 07-09-2011 04:12 PM

DSIL cleaned the a/c for us, but I still had to call the repairman,...BUT, it still saved me 100-150.00!
So all in all, I got a wonderful gift from my dd's hubby.
I joked with him that he did such a good job, that I should have him marry one of my daughters :XD:
House got cooled off in a short time,...went and got my wee ones, and they were happy as clams!
We had a blast and bought movies and had a pajama party :D :D :D
This evening we took dd and dsil out to eat.
Couldn't afford not to ;-)
I did get some fabric time and I will have some more tomorrow...woo hoo...the week ends on a good note :XD:

d.rickman 07-27-2011 10:56 PM

Lesley your finished quilt is stunningly beautiful. I just knew it would be - love your borders, all the extra embroidery, flowers and hearts with ribbon simply ties it all together.

Flossy 08-12-2011 12:23 PM

Kathy, I just love the sharks tooth border, I have looked in vain for fabric that would be suitable but no joy yet, I might copy your idea if all else fails. I was looking at the block border on Little Brown Bird but I like yours better, stunning so far and thank you for sharing the tutorial which is great fo those of us who might copy.

QuiltswithConvicts 08-12-2011 07:09 PM

The fabric I found wasn't all that "WOW" sitting on the shelf on the bolt, but I picked it up anyway, unrolled it out & laid the center on top of it. It just sang! Now I just have to figure out how to do the border that faces the opposite way - correctly without all the "variations" of the first one! :|

Fabric Galore 08-17-2011 03:24 PM

Lesley, congraulations on another beautiful quilt. I love your colors.

Fabric Galore 08-17-2011 03:24 PM

My computer was running very slow and I hit the update button twice and my message appeared twice. I guess that means your quilt is doubly beautiful.

Mousie 08-17-2011 05:49 PM

:lol:

tms 08-17-2011 08:46 PM

Lesley your quilt is AWESOME!!!! WOW!!! Inspiring beauty you have created! I agree... definite bucket list quilt! I need to get a lot better to do this quilt a bit of justice tho....

pattis47 09-26-2011 03:33 PM

Absolutely stunning!

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Well here is my completed top - I actually finished it on the 4th, but the weather conspired against me for taking the pics. Even today the wind was difficult, and the stand I have wasn't tall enough, so I had to anchor the bottom corners in the ground with skewers, so it still isn't a straight on shot

jolo 10-12-2011 05:52 AM

Lesley your quilt is beautiful and I knew you would be the first one finished. lol. More prayers guys my DS lymphoma has reappeared. He goes for moe chemo Monday.Thanks