Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/another-mystery-quilt-train-ride-our-5th-trip-t215243.html)

Pam H 01-15-2014 07:49 PM

Skylr, could you send the pic of your fabrics to the LQS to ask them about your fabrics?

reeskylr 01-15-2014 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H (Post 6515264)
Skylr, could you send the pic of your fabrics to the LQS to ask them about your fabrics?

Yeah I did, I was just tossing it out there to the group, since we were all just hanging out waiting for Judy.

Thanks Emma for the thoughts :)

Jannie 01-16-2014 08:19 AM

Skylr, Depending on the size of piece for C2, you might get a stripe, a patch, or a piece with a vine in it. Maybe that won't matter, but it would be good to ask questions at the shop to see if it does.

reeskylr 01-16-2014 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jannie (Post 6516014)
Skylr, Depending on the size of piece for C2, you might get a stripe, a patch, or a piece with a vine in it. Maybe that won't matter, but it would be good to ask questions at the shop to see if it does.

Yep, which was my worry. I got email back, and the C2 will be out. The plaid, she said, will go flippy and could be all over. I'm gonna see if I can find some more olive green. Thanks for the look!!

irishrose 01-18-2014 08:43 PM

Jennik, thank you for mentioning 'Train 3'. I finished a redo job for a friend today and wanted to back to my red rose quilt. I was going do a search Train 4 so you just saved me a lot of aggravation. I'm so glad that the redo quilt isn't hanging over my head any more. I'd rather make a new quilt than try to enlarge a finished one made by another person. I'm free at last.

I just made a huge batch of cinnamon rolls and hot ginger/peach tea for us to share while we wait.
Enjoy!

meanmom 01-19-2014 06:42 AM

I am looking forward to the mystery. I am trying to tame my stash again this year. I have finished up several UFO's in the last couple of weeks. I hope to layer one of them to quilt this afternoon. I also started a disappearing pinwheel yesterday. I am doing it in 2 colors only. Hope it looks ok. I did find a way to use up some of it. I am cutting kits for a guild sewing day for Ronald McDonald. I will cut a bunch tomorrow since I am off of work.
Not sure who this mystery quilt will be for. I often just make quilts, once they are finished a home for it will pop up. Some get donated to charity some to friends that need them.
It is cold and snowy here today. I am making us a turkey and the fixins. I can't find my recipe for sweet potato souffle so I will have to hunt online. The taco soup sounds yummy. I haven't made that in a while. I will probably do that tomorrow and throw in the leftover turkey.

m-fay 01-23-2014 05:27 PM

Just checking....thought I heard the train come in.

paintmejudy 01-24-2014 10:43 AM

Train ready to leave the station Friday morning, Jan. 31st. I was beginning to wonder if I would be able to keep my promise and start the end of January, but we are ready to go!

Emma S 01-24-2014 10:57 AM

Judy: Such great news, really excited. This is my first, but I've seen the beautiful trips you've led before this one.

Nelco 01-24-2014 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 6532218)
Train ready to leave the station Friday morning, Jan. 31st. I was beginning to wonder if I would be able to keep my promise and start the end of January, but we are ready to go!

Judy: Are you going to have a new link for the next "train ride"? I have my bag packed with treats waiting to board:)