Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/another-mystery-quilt-train-ride-our-5th-trip-t215243.html)

paintmejudy 03-17-2013 05:45 PM

thanks, Irish, but I still feel like an idiot!:thumbdown:

Leslie333 03-17-2013 06:00 PM

Stuff happens; we'll make it work. :) Just to be clear before I go make the little triangles again. You are saying it should be A and C, but based on your fabrics and the example picture, you use A and D. Is it really A and C, or A and D?

Also, just a thought Judy...might want to go fix post #376 to be the correct directions for anyone who hasn't done it yet.

haylillan 03-17-2013 06:06 PM

have plenty of fabric

2 Attachment(s)
i will redo no problem thanks

VickiM 03-17-2013 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5931922)
Get out your rotary cutter, and away we go!

First, you will make some half square triangles that will finish at 3½” square. If you are like me and never seem to get them to come out at the perfect size, try this trick - cut your squares a bit larger; sew, press and then trim to size. If you are always spot on, you can do these the “correct” way (“correct” according to the quilt police) and cut your squares at 3-7/8”. P.S. No quilt police allowed here, so don’t worry about how you make your half square triangles. There are lots of methods out there for you to choose from.

From A and B cut a WOF of each, I cut them at a bit generous 4-1/8” wide. From these strips cut 3 of A and 3 of B at the 4-1/8” mark, ending up with 3 each of A and B at 4-1/8” square. Set the leftover strips aside for later. Or cut at 3-7/8” if you are doing them the so-called “correct” way. Place right sides together, mark a diagonal from corner to corner, sew ¼” away from each side of the line, cut along the drawn line, press. Trim as needed to 3-½” square. There will be 12 of these half square triangle blocks.

If you need instructions on marking and sewing, see the simple diagram below. More detailed instructions can be found on the internet.

From B and C cut three squares of each fabric measuring 3” square. Again, I am having you cut the fabric a bit larger, and it will be trimmed at the end. Cut each piece from corner to corner, to make 4 pieces of each fabric. Using the picture as a guide, sew two short sides of B and C together, making 12 triangular pieces. Start stitching from the long straight edge, sewing toward the point. Always keep the B and C fabrics in the same position so the triangles are identical.

Judy, did you switch your A & B fabrics from your first posting? I thought your A was the poinsettia fabric & B was the rose . But on this posting it looks like you changed your A to B. Or am I seeing wrong?

VickiM 03-17-2013 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by m-fay (Post 5933261)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402201[/ATTACH]I have got 2 ready.[ATTACH=CONFIG]402199[/ATTACH]

Looking good!

VickiM 03-17-2013 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5935325)
Well, I don't know how to apologize enough. I have really truly messed up royally. Yes, as it was called out a few postings ago by cat-mac, I did give you wrong instructions yesterday. I had used A and C for the little triangle pieces, and then yesterday I said B and C? I'm an idiot. Any possibility you have extra fabric, enough to cut the 3 blocks of the A and C fabric again? But if not and you have your pieces cut and done, I think you can go ahead and use what you have made. We will have to made some adjustments. The little pieces needed to be made from A nd C in order for the pattern to show as I designed it, but I think we can make it work. Or if you have enough fabric, you can remake the little triangles. I guess I should have stayed off the train for this ride, I am not functioning well, am I? And I always prided my instructions being spot on. Soooooo sorry, everyone.

Just read this...Judy, don't sweat the small stuff...I'm sure we all understand. You had alot going on! Good thing I haven't started sewing yet...I will just recut the A squares for all 5 runners...no problem. I have enough fabric. Take some deep breaths...you'll be ok. Now...go get some chocolate! :)

haylillan 03-17-2013 06:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
took 10 min to fix all is ok

VickiM 03-17-2013 06:49 PM

That yellow is really cute! :)

labeelady 03-18-2013 02:32 AM

That's ok, Judy. Knowing what you've been through with your new computer, you're forgiven. And I do have plenty that fabric, so will just have fun cutting more! Now what do we do with the pieces that were cut from the wrong colors?

Mary O 03-18-2013 02:49 AM

A and C for the little tri...... Visually I knew the pieces were different and questioned it also.Glad I waited to cut....No problem,Judi.........