Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/another-mystery-quilt-train-ride-our-5th-trip-t215243.html)

coopah 10-23-2013 04:01 AM

Yippee skippee! Now I've really got to get in the business of finishing UFOs. Glad you are ready to go again, Judy! Your mystries are the best!

mom-6 10-26-2013 09:06 PM

So glad we get to do this again! Thanks for all your time and effort getting this ready for us!!!!

Jenniky 10-27-2013 05:25 AM

Woot Judy.... Looking forward to seeing what your grey matter has processed up for the train traveling folk. :thumbup:

Wavewatcher 10-28-2013 04:18 PM

Hanging out in the station people watching while I wait. Fabrics from all over the world pass by.."

urgodschild2 11-04-2013 01:33 PM

OK I didn't do the table runner because I don't use them but let me tell you all......I really missed being on the train. So what ever Judy decides to make, I am doing it. Oh boy January hurry up.

meanmom 11-05-2013 04:27 AM

YEAH! I didn't get to jump on the table runner train ride but I have been lurking here enjoying all of the beautiful runners. My goal for the year was to finish 2 UFO's for each new project I started. I did pretty well this past year. My UFO pile is dwindling down. I was hoping for a mystery to try to tame some of my stash. I have several major complicated projects I am hoping to start next year and needed a side project. I have had the fabric for a bargello for a year and plan to start it after Christmas. THe mystery will be a good project to do on the side when the bargello is making me crazy. I have never done a bargello and have picked out a pretty complicated one to make.
I think some cranberry orange muffins and some hot chocolate sound like a good snack while we wait.
Judy thanks so much for doing this.
Pat

wolf3349 11-07-2013 02:11 AM

I,m in. I enjoyed the last mystery train ride and this should be an easy one to finish up.

Elisabrat 11-07-2013 05:01 AM

The fun part of these is watching all of your creations grow.. we all have those same instructions and yet the end results astound me.. some color combos I wonder at then as we keep going its like WOW that really does work. Judy does a good job explaining color value choices.. I am sitting here waiting, waiting.. patiently too (ok I suck at patient and freely admit it, downfall I know...).. I need to make a quilt for my soon to be son in law and hopefully this will hit the spot. I figure one year, for me to get the top done, if I do it myself. Here your much more disciplined and the time frame pushes me to do it much faster which I LOVE. then its just to get it quilted. and that I send to Jaba to do so it is done quickly and well. I know I will finish by summer the whole project and for me.. that is awesome so bring it on Judy! whip me into shape!! lol... I can hardly wait. I am working on round robins right now and learning about so many other ways to finish a quilt so even if its not a large quilt we make here you can enlarge them so easy with different borders going around them.. and make a center really stand out. (plus well make your quilt bigger pretty fast too lol). yippppeeee we are getting CLOSER to Jan.. and a new mystery.

Elisabrat 11-18-2013 07:45 AM

I know we are all excited to do a mystery train quilt with Judy. Time is flying by and soon it will be here! I am considering doing a round robin quilt here for everyone to join. We will make our own quilts but each month there will be a new border to go around our centers. I think its an excellent way to play with borders, teach yourself how to make them, see what others are chosing and how color plays in them.. I joined three this fall. I am learning so much and finding how truly enjoyable they are too look at as they grow. By making one for yourself you can explore new things too! would anyone be interested in this? You can end up with a pretty quilt in the process of trying new things!

frustratedquilter40 11-18-2013 12:22 PM

Sounds interesting to me Linda. Would like more info as far as size and about time frame you are thinking of .