Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   April 15 2011 Stars BOM - Pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/april-15-2011-stars-bom-pictures-t116230.html)

Durinda 04-23-2011 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
Here's my April star and a picture of all of them together. I really like this star and may do another one.

all of the stars are turning out pretty.

Miss Giggles,
I love the way the blue picks up the blue of the flowers in your brown fabric! Before I started quilting, I never realized how happy a piece of fabric could make me feel! :D

AddieLou 04-23-2011 07:27 PM

I just cropped a picture of one of my Amish Star blocks so that there is no background. I set it as my computer background tiled. (I reduced the size of the picture, too.) I can't believe the pattern that it makes! I had no idea it would look like that! It is SO pretty - now I want to do a whole quilt of Amish stars in 3 colors.

kristen0112 04-23-2011 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by mstandridge

Originally Posted by francesrose
Hey! I pricked my finger and did not know it. Does anyone have a good way to get blood out of fabric? I have a spot in the middle of the block. Need help.

A ;ittle hydrogen pexicide will take it out but test it on the fabric first. but I know that "Grandma's spot remover" is the bomb!! I use it on everything from OLD grease spots that have even gone through the wash a couple of times. to ground in red cllay and it takes out everything and does not effect the color of the fabric. Its in some of the fabric sales magazines like clotilda and keepsake quiliting but I have alway bouth it at Hancock fabrics. I swear by it.

Hydrogen peroxcide is WONDERFUL! Shortly after I moved into my new house one of my kids broke an ink pen on nearly white carpet what a mess. After I used hydrogen peroxcide you couldn't even tell where the spot was ( and it wasn't a small area either).

Crlyn 04-24-2011 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my April star...... now a chance to continue with a few other things I have going before the next house block. 8-)

mmonohon 04-24-2011 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally finished.

April Star
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188736[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 04-24-2011 09:27 PM

Oh so cute!!!

PokerDiva 04-25-2011 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by mmonohon
Finally finished.

How cute is that. Love the cat fabric.

rwquilts 04-25-2011 05:43 AM

Carolyn and Michelle, your blocks are so pretty!

Michelle, your cat print just made me smile...sooo cute!

francesrose 04-25-2011 07:25 AM

love your block a whole quilt with ohio stars like this would be great for kids

candi 04-25-2011 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by AddieLou
I just cropped a picture of one of my Amish Star blocks so that there is no background. I set it as my computer background tiled. (I reduced the size of the picture, too.) I can't believe the pattern that it makes! I had no idea it would look like that! It is SO pretty - now I want to do a whole quilt of Amish stars in 3 colors.

So glad you like the Amish star...I too am thinking about making a uilt with all Amish stars.