Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   April 1st 2011 "Houses" BOM "Spring Birdhouse" Discussions and Directions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/april-1st-2011-%22houses%22-bom-%22spring-birdhouse%22-discussions-directions-t112466.html)

Corky 04-06-2011 04:42 PM

I don't know what is happening. Goofy. I can't seem to get it to load.

PM me and I'll send you the instructions.

Originally Posted by owlvamp

Originally Posted by Corky
Oops! Forgot the hole and platform. Here are corrected versions of the two page instructions.

LOVE THE BLOCK! However, I have to print out instructions (my printer/computer is downstairs and my sewing room is up) and I cannot afford to print so many pages, especially in color, so I rewrote it. Here it is for your use if you like. I also combined pieces "O" with "H" and "N" with "I", seemed easier.

Enjoy!
Barbara

Do you have this in pdf ?I can't open the one you have there. Thanks

roseOfsharon 04-06-2011 04:59 PM

I am having problems as well Corky... sending you a pm ;)

LoriH 04-09-2011 08:13 AM

I'm going to start my birdhouse this afternoon. I've never done applique, so am a little worried about that. Any tips?

SulaBug 04-09-2011 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by LoriH
I'm going to start my birdhouse this afternoon. I've never done applique, so am a little worried about that. Any tips?

Lori,
I had never done applique either, so this block was a new adventure for me!! :D For the slates of the roof, I made a template, then cut my fabric 1/4" larger. I then made small stitches around the outside, between the template & the edge & drew it together on the back. At this point I ironed it really good to keep it's shape & took out the template. When this is done you are ready to hand sew them into place. I hope this helps & you find it easy to do your applique'. There are other ways also, but I chose to do mine this way. Good Luck.
:D :D :D :D

craftiladi 04-09-2011 05:39 PM

LOVE THE BLOCK! However, I have to print out instructions (my printer/computer is downstairs and my sewing room is up) and I cannot afford to print so many pages, especially in color, so I rewrote it. Here it is for your use if you like. I also combined pieces "O" with "H" and "N" with "I", seemed easier.

Enjoy!
Barbara

Printed @ 100% right? the applique pieces look a tad small so I want to make sure I printed it at the right percentage.
p.s. yes huge sigh of relief its not pp..lol thank-you

Sistergoldenhair 04-12-2011 03:18 PM

love this. I made my block according to the pattern and I am not good at applique. I was thinking of using another birdhouse pattern I have that is paper pieces. But really like yours. I may have to try and do mine like you are doing. I also think that since the first three are paper pieced I would like them all to be that way. So I may be subsituting other blocks in the future too. lol