Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   APRIl 1st, 2011 BOM Spring Birhouse pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/april-1st-2011-bom-spring-birhouse-pictures-t112482.html)

Corky 04-09-2011 08:48 AM

Really cute, Cherylmae!

I know what you mean about handwork. Relaxes me, too Plus it keeps me from eating in the evenings!!

Originally Posted by cherylmae
Hi, have been online looking at all the birdhouses and finally got the urge to get mine done. I loved doing the applique, as I love handwork...relaxes me. I love to see all the talent displayed here. Anyway here's mine.

jacquie 04-09-2011 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Robinlee
Still can't get it to print, everything blacked out cept for the written instructions. not sure what to do.

i would be very happy to post you a print out. it would around 4/5 days if that is ok as i live in the UK. although someone in the USA might be happy to post you a copy instead. as long as we aren't going to sell the print out or 'block' we should be ok (if there is a copyright on it...)

just let me know if you need me to send you a copy...
love jacquie xxxxxx

Durinda 04-09-2011 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Irene V
Beautiful birdhouses everyone is sewing. Here's mine:

Love your block's bright colors! Very nice. :thumbup:

Durinda 04-09-2011 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by sally's girl
Love, love the birdhouse block......we feed the birds all year...in summer we have tons of cone flowers and also sun flowers.....so put some on my block....still need to do some hand stitching,the lavender cone flower barely show...the birdhouse fabric has very pale blue flowers which does not show up well, but is very pretty fabric

Very nice addition of the flowers! Great block! :thumbup:

Surfergirl 04-10-2011 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Matilda
Everyone's blocks are looking great!! Here is mine. I "kinda" cheated :shock: I did mine all applique so the house is a bit smaller. I didn't mean to do that but I had already cut the house so I had to take away a couple of the roofing. But here it is. It was fun to do! Thanks for choosing this one!

Love your red birds!

Surfergirl 04-10-2011 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by sally's girl
Love, love the birdhouse block......we feed the birds all year...in summer we have tons of cone flowers and also sun flowers.....so put some on my block....still need to do some hand stitching,the lavender cone flower barely show...the birdhouse fabric has very pale blue flowers which does not show up well, but is very pretty fabric

Love it!

marymc 04-10-2011 02:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Red breasted robins are the sure sign of spring here in cold Minnesota. I did my roof a little different than the pattern. I like being able to work around my shortcomings.

Spring has sprung and the robins are back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182384[/ATTACH]

all 4 blocks. I made a few changes to my barn.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182385[/ATTACH]

Deecee 04-10-2011 02:47 PM

Great to see so many different species of bird in everyone's birdhouses.

pab58 04-10-2011 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by marymc
Red breasted robins are the sure sign of spring here in cold Minnesota. I did my roof a little different than the pattern. I like being able to work around my shortcomings.

Your blocks are terrific!!!!!! :thumbup:

Qbee 04-10-2011 05:59 PM

Everyone's birdhouses are SO cute!! Mary...I love your group and LOVE the barn quilt on your barn :D