Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Baltimore Album BOM March Block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/baltimore-album-bom-march-block-t105888.html)

jljack 03-10-2011 11:41 AM

I am already planning on adding some pieced blocks between the center blocks and the outside border, and then a second border to make the quilt larger.

gal288 03-10-2011 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
I am already planning on adding some pieced blocks between the center blocks and the outside border, and then a second border to make the quilt larger.

hi jl, let me know what size blocks & i' ll adjust for you

LastGrandma 03-10-2011 01:25 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I have completed the corner blocks. I am posting them here. But they are all raw edge applique, nothing done by hand, so I am not that quick! I also did not do the funky roses.

Completed blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]125203[/ATTACH]

Bottom right corner block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]125365[/ATTACH]

Top right cirner block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]125366[/ATTACH]

Bottom left corner block, all blocks use batiks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]125367[/ATTACH]

Top left corner block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]125596[/ATTACH]

rudiemom 03-10-2011 01:27 PM

Wow really pretty....I'm still in the "thinking about it" stage!

PokerDiva 03-10-2011 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by LastGrandma
I have completed the corner blocks. I am posting them here. But they are all raw edge applique, nothing done by hand, so I am not that quick! I also did not do the funky roses.

Looking good. I'm just starting to do the leaves. (sigh)

Surfergirl 03-10-2011 01:36 PM

Beautiful! I'm a new quilter and have never used batik fabrics but they are lovely. I just might have to order some.

Surfergirl 03-10-2011 01:41 PM

LastGrandma: Did you use all batik fabric for your blocks, including the background? Do you know a reasonable place online to buy batik fabrics? Your work is beautiful!

vgakathi 03-10-2011 01:42 PM

Be sure to wash those batiks a couple of times. Sometimes they still bleed after that.

gal288 03-10-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by LastGrandma

they are beautiful, love the colors, great job

They funky roses are just an option to learn a new technique..
please. Feel free to do your block & quilt any way you choose.

I just like. To show different techniques as a. Teaching method... when quilters. Pay for. A. Class I want. Them to get their monies worth.

gal288 03-10-2011 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Surfergirl
LastGrandma: Did you use all batik fabric for your blocks, including the background? Do you know a reasonable place online to buy batik fabrics? Your work is beautiful!

Fabric.com. offers. Fat. Qtrs. Packages at a good price, & that might be. A good. Start for the. Flowers & leaves on this. Quilt