Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Baltimore Album BOM March Block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/baltimore-album-bom-march-block-t105888.html)

LastGrandma 03-10-2011 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Surfergirl
LastGrandma: Did you use all batik fabric for your blocks, including the background? Do you know a reasonable place online to buy batik fabrics? Your work is beautiful!

Thank you for the compliment. Yes, all the blocks are using up my scrap batiks. Many bought several years ago...nothing purchased online. Don't ever want to buy "cheap" batiks, (or any material)! Also, never pay full price for a material -- wait (if you can) for a good sale, or use a coupon!

The background material is NOT a batik. It is a very lite brown with gold flecks in it. Thought it would be a slightly flashy backdrop for my 'modern' Baltimore Album!

BonniFeltz 03-10-2011 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by LastGrandma

Originally Posted by Surfergirl
LastGrandma: Did you use all batik fabric for your blocks, including the background? Do you know a reasonable place online to buy batik fabrics? Your work is beautiful!

Thank you for the compliment. Yes, all the blocks are using up my scrap batiks. Many bought several years ago...nothing purchased online. Don't ever want to buy "cheap" batiks, (or any material)! Also, never pay full price for a material -- wait (if you can) for a good sale, or use a coupon!

The background material is NOT a batik. It is a very lite brown with gold flecks in it. Thought it would be a slightly flashy backdrop for my 'modern' Baltimore Album!

I love how it is looking. I picked out my fabric for the four corner blocks but am still deciding if I want to be brave and try the ruching technique. My friend Connie is saying to do it but ...hmm. I don't know. LOL.

nanaquilter 03-10-2011 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by gal288

Originally Posted by simbasue22
Shouldn't the center block be equal in size to 2 of the border blocks? or at least smaller , since there is a sashing strip between them ?

yes, but because everyone has liked the ruched rose, I am adding another swag border around the center block, which has changed the calculations

you're very astute, picked up on the change, maybe next month you can be my proofreader?

Love the new center block and swag border. This pattern is just getting better and better.

gal288 03-10-2011 02:53 PM

Nana, glad you like it, everyone seemed to like the tutes, so I decided to add the swag so you cann choose which flowers to use.

ruthruff3 03-10-2011 04:29 PM

Nana, glad you like it, everyone seemed to like the tutes, so I decided to add the swag so you cann choose which flowers to use.

Where do I print the patterns with the new swag border? If we don't want to add that do we stick with the original pattern?

dream56 03-10-2011 05:03 PM

I love how it is looking. I picked out my fabric for the four corner blocks but am still deciding if I want to be brave and try the ruching technique. My friend Connie is saying to do it but ...hmm. I don't know. LOL.[/quote]

Bonnie -You know you WANT to do it.

BonniFeltz 03-10-2011 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by dream56
I love how it is looking. I picked out my fabric for the four corner blocks but am still deciding if I want to be brave and try the ruching technique. My friend Connie is saying to do it but ...hmm. I don't know. LOL.

Bonnie -You know you WANT to do it.[/quote]

I will if you will Dee.....and I won't forget if you say yes, I'll remind you. hehehe

dream56 03-10-2011 05:13 PM

I will - it's just not going to happen very soon. Got too much to finish first for deadlines.

gal288 03-10-2011 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by ruthruff3

Where do I print the patterns with the new swag border? If we don't want to add that do we stick with the original pattern?

Swag border will be next month, if you don't want to add it then you will stick with the original.

capucine 03-11-2011 02:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Center block finished :)