Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Block of the Month #2 - May 15th - Pinwheel Star - Directions & Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/block-month-2-may-15th-pinwheel-star-directions-discussion-t1082.html)

ceannastahr 05-16-2007 09:22 AM

great job on the block

SandraJennings 05-16-2007 09:32 AM

I like it! Wonderful!

jessiesmom 05-16-2007 04:24 PM

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. You gotta love digital photos, they hide a lot. But i'm getting there.

jessiesmom 05-16-2007 04:25 PM

Debbie, I buy most of my fabric at Wal-Mart, and sometimes Joann's when I have a coupon.

ceannastahr 05-16-2007 04:35 PM

I too buy about 3/4 of my fabric at WM and the rest at Joanns Sometimes I find a few deals at bearpawquilting.com

patricej 05-16-2007 05:15 PM

First Stop WalMart
2d Stop Hancock's
3d Stop ... Dunno. Joann's I guess, then online

Mary, for having done so quickly something you don't like you sure did turn out a really gorgeous block. you don't give yourself enough credit.

:P

jessiesmom 05-16-2007 06:30 PM

Well I have to say I have learned a lot from all of you seasoned quilters and you have encouraged me to keep trying.

I have always been a perfectionist and not happy until whatever I was doing was perfect. I would keep at it until it was perfect. But now that I am old and tired I let a lot of things slide.

I am amazed that I can sew at all. The main thing I have learned is I have to follow the instructions to a T and try to be careful about cutting and pressing.
Oh did I mention I am very impatient and like to get things done fast.
A big part of my problem, but if I take my time and follow instructions, I do ok.
I just love this quilting board, everyone is so knowledgeable and very willing to help solve problem areas. I have learned a lot just reading answers to other peoples questions.

Many thanks to all you seasoned artists willing to share with us newbies.

Mary

mimisharon 05-17-2007 03:58 AM

Hi Everyone,
Thanks Patrice, you know how hard it is to frolic and cavort with a cast on? WHEW, I got Tired out! It was a beaytiful wedding though, she was the most beautiful bride ever!!! Just cause she's the daughter I never had....

Thank you Patrice for getting my pick out!! You de best!! KATHY HOPE IT WASN'T THE WAY i SENT THE LINK TO Patrice....

Jessiesmom your work is beautiful!!!! I need all the practice I can get with points, so be mad at me everyone if you aren't crazy about this block. I saw so many possibilities in it for colors....

Thanks friend Patrice!! :lol:

patricej 05-17-2007 06:12 PM

it wasn't you. it was Kathy. (don't tell anybody but she's been hittin' the bottle again. ;-))

i like that block. can't wait to see the rest of the different interpretations.

and you're very welcome, of course. any time.

kathy 05-18-2007 03:40 AM

and when (or if) i sober up i'll be mad that you told.