Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   BOM 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bom-2011-a-t60065.html)

mstandridge 08-20-2010 06:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I would love to get in on this BOM I've never done houses; that would be alright. BUT I am curently working on a Chocolate Star BOM with mbogenpohl from this board and it is lushes, it twinkles then melts in your mouth, and I don't like chocolate, If you can't tell my vote is for stars. Michelle & I keep talking about doing another one in red/white or blue/white. Here are a couple of pictures of the blocks. Just to give you a taste, no pun intended HA HA

block one
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100265[/ATTACH]

Block two my personal favorite
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100266[/ATTACH]

Ramona Byrd 08-20-2010 08:42 AM

[quote=SulaBug]Hey girls, I am up for anything that you decide on!! :D I think I am hooked on these BOM project's!! Just a thought, but how about different houses?
---------------------
I'd go for that one. I absolutely LOVE Victorian houses, and
they come in such a variety of styles that one year would not
be enough time to see all of them. I have books and books of
pictures of Victorian houses, and even a picture of the really,
truly ultimate in Victorians, Carson House.

gypsylady5 08-20-2010 10:07 AM

Foundation pieced houses??? Sounds interesting. I'm up for anything the group wants and look forward to doing a BOM with other great quilters.

brushandthimble 08-20-2010 12:28 PM

IOne of my favorite books is "Freddy Houses" by Freddie Moran, you can tell it is well used:)

houses
victorian
pp
school houses
cape houses
funny houses
scarry houses
all kinds of houses

bearisgray 08-20-2010 04:28 PM

I would like to do a BOM where the blocks will "go together" - as in having the designs based on the same basic grid

One could do a lot of star variations on a 3x3 grid -
or a 4x4 or 5x5

Or have them all based on the LeMoyne star.

Blue Bell 08-20-2010 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
Maybe we need 2 different BOM??
one for stars, and one for houses.

I second the motion

mbogenpohl 08-20-2010 05:34 PM

Those star blocks we are doing look pretty awesome in the pictures !

sunrise450 08-21-2010 06:34 AM

I think I would like to join in next year also. Houses please! I will go along with what ever the majority desides but would really love to do houses.
Phyllis

stefanib123 08-21-2010 06:57 AM

I would love to join in next year!

I'm still very much a beginner, and the stars kind of worry me, though, LOL! So, my vote would definitely be houses.

I think, too, a lot of people make "star" quilts all the time, anyway. I think the houses would be more unique,know what I mean?

I think the BOM's are more of a sampler type quilt, too, and a lot of the star patterns depend on all the blocks making a secondary pattern. The houses would be more for a samplet quilt.

Just my two cents.

MISHNJIM 08-21-2010 06:35 PM

What if one month it was a star and the next month it was a house block and so on and so on??? Just a thought.