Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   BOM April 15th - Applique Tulip - The Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bom-april-15th-applique-tulip-photos-t965.html)

Carla P 04-19-2007 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by triciasquilts
Ok, Heres my block!!

Please tell me about the pink flower in your block. On my monitor it looks like quilted organza or some other reflective fabric. I love it!! :D

triciasquilts 04-19-2007 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Carla P

Originally Posted by triciasquilts
Ok, Heres my block!!

Please tell me about the pink flower in your block. On my monitor it looks like quilted organza or some other reflective fabric. I love it!! :D

The light pink one is a "Michael Miller" print. Its almost like a batik print. It has like a silvery reflective overlay on it which catches the light. The dark pink has a gold flowery print on it. I got both at my local quilt shop. These are the type of fabrics I can never resist buying when I see them. And pink is my favorite color. They are both 100%cotton. I don't even think the picture gives these fabrics any justice at all.

Yvonne 04-19-2007 12:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As mentioned in the other thread I am an applique novice! (Understatement!) Those innies and outies just do me in. Otherwise, my tulip is done! Do Not Look too close!:?
I used the freezer paper method and hand stitched these little parts into place. I haven't given up on learning this technique yet! Onward!!!

ceannastahr 04-19-2007 01:28 PM

I like your version don't see anything wrong with your innies and outies

Carla P 04-19-2007 01:39 PM

Yvonne, Your block is awesome!!!! Obviously doing it "wrong" is right for you!!! Love the avatar as well!!

Tricia, thanks for telling me about the fabrics!! (They create a great "on-screen" (mine) optical illusion.) My local quilt shop doesn't carry the "metallics" anytime of the year except Christmas. :roll: So, now that I know what I'm looking for, I'll order some.

isnthatodd 04-19-2007 04:10 PM

I love the four-patch and the border!!!!!

Feathers 04-23-2007 06:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Patrice:
I love your block...2 little tulips are darling and I love your colors.

Here is the block I made today. Not great but I wanted to try the pattern. I plan to hit Joann Fabric tomorrow to get some varigated thread...it really does make for a much more attractive applique finish.

I'm attaching another picture of a "Strictly Sunshine" quilt top that I finished last night. Still have to put the backing, batting and quilt it. I love it!

Feathers

Feathers 04-23-2007 06:18 PM

Marcella:

Wow...I'm really impressed. Your blocks are gorgeous and it looks like you've done some sewing...everything looks perfect. I like your color combinations, too.... I love Christmas colors! Keep on quilting!
Feathers

ceannastahr 04-23-2007 06:34 PM

Feathers I love your strickly sunshine its beauitful

patricej 04-24-2007 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Marcella:

Wow...I'm really impressed. Your blocks are gorgeous and it looks like you've done some sewing...everything looks perfect. I like your color combinations, too.... I love Christmas colors! Keep on quilting!
Feathers

Thanks for the compliment, but Country Quilter found the tulip for us. i've really enjoyed watching them bloom, too. :P

Norah will surprise us next on May 1st.