Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   BOM, Oct. 1, 2007 - Drunkard's Path - the Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bom-oct-1-2007-drunkards-path-photos-t2561.html)

DebJ 10-14-2007 08:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Unfortunately my pictures aren't the best. :oops: However, this is the Oct.'s Twice BOM. :mrgreen: The Drunkard's Path wasn't as hard as I expected to be, I just had to sew more slowly. Also had to pay attention to which way I press those seams so I could snuggle them close as I pieced. I enjoyed both these and wasn't expecting to find the Oct. 15 posted before I had even finished these. I already have a card trick done I do believe. I will post it later.

My Drunkard's Path Variation
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1020[/ATTACH]

The Morning Star Block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1023[/ATTACH]

amma 10-14-2007 08:41 PM

Deb, I love your fabrics and colors in both blocks! The Morning Star block reminds me of the sun breaking through a stormy sky over the ocean :D Your Drunkard's Path block is oh so pretty, I love the fabrics and the colors, they compliment each other so well! :D You did an awesome job on both! :D :D :D

ceannastahr 10-14-2007 10:02 PM

Deb your morning star i agree reminds me of the sun breaking through after a storm and drunkards path is an Englih garden

patricej 10-15-2007 01:29 AM

I agree, Deb

Wuthering Heights meets the Queen for Tea

:P

Chele 10-15-2007 03:18 AM

Beautiful blocks Deb! Love your fabric choices. So pretty!

Feathers 10-20-2007 05:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ShellyQ: Again, you amaze and inspire me. I love your blocks and am excited whenever I touch base on the "Pictures" thread and see your work...your quilts truly stands out. There are so many wonderful quilters on our board but you seem to be leading the "good quilters" pack. Good job.

I got my Drunkard's Path completed. I'm pleased with it. I tried it with 3 colors then decided to do just the background cream and the floral as I liked that combination the best. Will finish up my second block then arrange the 2 of them in a tablerunner. I love making these BOM as it gives me an opportunity to
1. Use up some "stash" scraps
2. Makes me try different patterns
3. LEARN LEARN LEARN

Feathers

patricej 10-20-2007 06:01 AM

in case you didn't know it, just thought i'd point something out:

yoooooo are also in the "good quilters" pack :P

ShellyQ is awesome, though. I wanna be like her if i ever grow up. :mrgreen:

Chele 10-20-2007 06:02 AM

Feathers, your block is so pretty. I love the floral print. You really showcased the flowers well.

Feathers 10-20-2007 06:13 AM

Thank you for the nice compliment. You make me want to try harder.
Feathers

Feathers 10-20-2007 06:27 AM

Hi Quilty Friends:
This month we are doing the Drunkard's Path block...has anyone used the new "Curve Master" sewing foot to make their Drunk curves? I bought a package of the Curve master feet and have been practicing but I'm not very good with using the foot, YET! Does anyone who has mastered the the Curve Master have any "hints?" I've viewed the Quilterstv website and watched the video a dozen times but I'm still trying to "control" the movement of the fabric and foot too much which I'm learning you CANNOT do. Helpful hints would be appreciated. Thank you!

Feathers