Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   BOM, Oct. 1, 2007 - Drunkard's Path - the Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bom-oct-1-2007-drunkards-path-photos-t2561.html)

Feathers 10-22-2007 02:51 PM

Wow! Beautiful and perfect. I love the peach and black together. I know a place where the Happy Hour snacks are pretty dang good! We could get some great cheese with our whines! I've been trying and trying to work the Curve Master foot but decided the smaller curves are hard with the foot as I'm still trying to control the foot and it's NOT working just yet but it is getting some what better????

Feathers

patricej 10-22-2007 03:02 PM

the problem is NOT you, feathers. you're at least the second person who's been ... shall we say ... less than impressed with the stupid thing. in fact, i don't recall anyone here having reported a good experience with it.

here's a thought ...

hang that foot on a chain and sell it to another quilter as a novelty necklace. then surrender to the old fashioned method.

:wink:

Feathers 10-22-2007 03:48 PM

Good Idea, Patrice....I'm making the chain for that necklace as I type this...

My new project started today is McCalls "Applique Flower" block...I'm loving it. Have 5 blocks cut out and ready to applique!

Feathers

patricej 10-22-2007 04:47 PM

maybe you can sell it to kathy. she could put yours and hers together for a pair of earrings. :lol:

moreland 10-22-2007 05:45 PM

I really like your colors. Good looking blocks.

moreland 10-22-2007 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by moreland
I really like your colors. Good looking blocks.

MimiSharon--I was looking at your blocks when I wrote this. But, hey, all gals have done a great job. Is so much fun to see how differently the blocks look depending on the fabric used.

ShellyQ 10-23-2007 02:10 AM

Oh my this thread has grown so much since I last checked and I've missed so many lovely blocks
Feathers your table runner looks awesome, I love how the floral works in this block, thanks so much for the lovely compliment, but you and Patrice are making me blush :oops: , Patrice, last I heard you were switching to 18" blocks, that seems to have .... em-hum, grown a bit too :lol:
Mimi, Deb, JesiesMom the blocks are lovely and all unique to each quilter. I love that about the BOMs on here, how each quilter interpretates each block to their individual style and needs. I'm sorry it's been a while since I caught up.

jessiesmom 10-23-2007 03:31 AM

Chele, I'll be there!!!

And Patrice I like the idea of 48" blocks. I think I could manage that.

Mary

Feathers 10-23-2007 08:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the McCalls Pattern "Appliqued Flower" pattern I spoke of and made yesterday. I haven't appliqued it yet but will do that today. Because of the many layers of fabric even with very light weight Heat 'n Bond, the block is a bit stiff...this would work best for a wall hanging. I have 5 blocks cut out and I'll finish them but I think if I were to make this into a quilt I wouldn't use the Heat 'n Bond at all. Maybe use Quilt Basting Spray to hold it in place while I appliqued and see if that would work. I love the block pattern.

Feathers

Feathers 10-23-2007 08:50 AM

I'm sorry...I think I put my appliqued flower block in the wrong "thread." Wasn't paying attention, I guess.

Feathers