Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bonnie-hunter-easy-street-thread-t206174.html)

Dolly's sister 12-02-2012 07:25 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Well I haven't been on to show my fabrics, but now I am ready for clue 3 and will post pictures of my process. This mystery quilt is lots of fun, but glad I have a few days before the next clue to work on some other UFO's and Christmas related items. Post some pictures, want to see how everyone is doing with their flying geese. My fabrics will show last as this uploads backwards. You can see the 195 four patches, 133 flying geese, and the 64 black and white print rectangles waiting for the next clue.

JeanieG 12-02-2012 10:25 PM

Glad your joining us Dolly's Sister! Your fabric is beautiful, you will have a gorgeous quilt. In looking at all the different black/white prints, I see so many I am also using. We must all shop at the same places, or there are not a lot of variety of black/whites.

brookemarie19 12-03-2012 06:27 AM

I am getting closer to being done with my flying geese, but they are ending up 1/8" longer than they should be. Is that enough to have me worry or do you guys think I would still be able to use them with the quilt?

Belfrybat 12-03-2012 07:36 AM

Better a bit longer than shorter is my motto. You could trim them in tiny bit or just wait until assembly to see how they fit.

Honchey 12-03-2012 07:41 AM

Brookmarie19, I THINK the rectangles in step 3 will be attached to the flying geese in step 2...if they are ... keep the flying geese on the bottom..the 1/8" extra should ease into the rectangle...you may have to pin on both ends and the center to distribute the extra evenly..after the quilt has been assembled and quilted you won't notice it. Have you ironed not pressed the flying geese and maybe stretched the base? You might be able to spritz the base (colored) then just press it flat on with the iron...when you dampen fabric really well it kind of pulls itself back then you press it so it remains that way... try one and see if it helps..

I didn't measure correctly and am now ripping out 48 of the geese on one side...UGH!

brookemarie19 12-03-2012 10:55 AM

Thanks Honchey. That's what I was thinking, but its always nice to get it backed up by another :)

urgodschild2 12-03-2012 01:06 PM

I am so doing this mystery. I just got back from down under so late in starting but I love the colors. They are so yummy. I looked in my stash and I am a little short.(hmmmmmm I should say a lot short).. Anyways, Wednesday is senior day at JoAnn's with 20% off everything so I am waiting until then to go get the rest of my material. Then I will start. I love all the colors that all of you have chosen. This looks like fun. Do you know that gray is hard to find.

urgodschild2 12-03-2012 01:08 PM

Dolly's sister......love all your colors. I just realized that you are from Melbourne, FL and I just returned from Melbourne, Australia.

glenda5253 12-03-2012 04:08 PM

Just wanted to say----JeanieG, you are such a good cheerleader!!!

Dolly's sister 12-03-2012 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5694969)
Glad your joining us Dolly's Sister! Your fabric is beautiful, you will have a gorgeous quilt. In looking at all the different black/white prints, I see so many I am also using. We must all shop at the same places, or there are not a lot of variety of black/whites.

Thanks JeanieG, you are right about the black and white prints, I bought 2 of them when I was at the Houston Quilt Festival in November, don't know why I didn't buy more than as one booth had so many B&W fat quarters. I ran out when I was doing my 4 patches, so went out to find some more. I bought the Orgami spin, black dots, and splatter dots from Hobby Lobby. I pulled the black and white race check from my stash, it was leftover from a racing theme quilt I made for my grandson. I am lucky I live in an area where we have 3 LQS, a Joanns, Hobby Lobby, and Hancocks close.