Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bonnie-hunter-easy-street-thread-t206174.html)

SheriR 12-07-2012 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 5704125)
Thank you. For those still looking, the link is: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/

Thanks Belfrybat, I couldn't get step 3 to show either. Now I have it printed and I'm off to cut cut cut, sew sew sew!!

judy363905 12-07-2012 09:48 AM

Thank you Belfrybat, Part 3 is not listed on the front page of her site, therefore I thought it was not up yet...Happy I check QB before signing off... Happy Piecing..:)

Judy in Phx, AZ

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 5704198)
Thanks Belfrybat, I couldn't get step 3 to show either. Now I have it printed and I'm off to cut cut cut, sew sew sew!!

gardnergal970 12-07-2012 09:52 AM

I have everything cut. Now to service my machine, change thread and sew. I can't believe how much I look forward to Friday mornings now. I did control myself and had breakfast with DH before I peeked at this weeks clue. It's fun to use more colors.

JeanieG 12-07-2012 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 5704245)
I have everything cut. Now to service my machine, change thread and sew. I can't believe how much I look forward to Friday mornings now. I did control myself and had breakfast with DH before I peeked at this weeks clue. It's fun to use more colors.

Oh yes, it is something to look forward every Friday for a few more weeks!

NDQuilts 12-07-2012 02:43 PM

My step three is all cut and ready to go. I am starting to see why Bonnie keeps so many 2"strips. It would speed the process to open a drawer and go. It still almost gives me the hives to cut down larger pieces just to have strips on hand. Mybe by the time we are done with this mystery, I'll be ok to start strip bins.

JeanieG 12-07-2012 03:18 PM

NDQuilts - I don't cut down any of my larger pieces of fabric. The only thing that goes into my 2" strip bin is fabric left over from other projects, that is smaller than a fat quarter. I even fold some of those and put with my smaller pieces. I just finished working on The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt and the Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt with others here on the board. As we were working on 6" blocks with the sampler, and 8" blocks with the Pony Club I used a lot of very small pieces in those blocks. Those small pieces came in very handy.

I got the purple squares cut and the strips cut for the turquoise triangles. We are heading out of town to watch our team play basketball, so I'm done for the night!

katybob 12-07-2012 03:20 PM

Me, too, NDQuilts! I'm just convinced that as soon as I cut a lot of 2" strips I'll need 2-1/4" strips. I don't think there are any patterns out there that call for 2-1/4" strips, but you know what I mean!

judy363905 12-07-2012 07:39 PM

Yeah, have 16 blocks from Part 3 made today, they came out at 3-1/2 square. I used the easy angle to make these. I also used the two rulers for Part II and trim the flying geese with the "Quilt in a Day" flying geese ruler to trim made it really easy to center the goose. Now to make more 4 patch units.

Have a great weekend :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

Suzanne in VT 12-08-2012 04:36 AM

I'm going to shock everyone, but I'm not going to do step #3 her way. I own those rulers, but just can do things her way (maybe she is right brained and I am left brained). That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it ;)

I'm going to do HST's (half square triangles), so mine will end up being a 4 patch. Top row will be a square on the left and a HST on the right. Bottom row will be a HST on the left and a square on the right.

I'm NOT using scraps, so all my fabrics for the blue would be the same, the background the same, etc. I have the "Triangulations" software, so will just print out the HST size I need and sew them that way. It is so speedy and the exact size you need always happens. To me, personally, this is the quickest and most precise way for me to do this step.

Thought I'd share in case anyone else just wants to turn their heads away from this project because of those rulers.

Suzanne in VT

Xtgirl 12-08-2012 04:41 AM

Suzanne-could you post picture of your way..or the end result. I'm intrigued. I'm still on step 1....

Could someone explain the spinning of the seam/pinwheeling the seam. I read the explanations and I just don't understand what she means. I am sewing tithe same every time with the dark fabric leading....