Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bonnie-hunter-easy-street-thread-t206174.html)

brookemarie19 12-29-2012 03:52 AM

When watching quilt cam a couple of days ago she slipped up and said she still had to write out steps 6, 7, & 8. So I'm guessing that's all we have this time. I know she's been trying to keep the step numbers secret sk I don't know if this was a slip or if she's just trying to trick us lol. I have all the way through step 5 done in mine and hope to work on step 6 some this weekend but DH doesn't like it when I go missing when he's home so might have to wait until Monday and be a little behind sin e she is giving us the next step then.

Xtgirl 12-29-2012 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I can't believe I'm posting this but I think I'm caught up....haven't counted everything but somehow managed to make about 40 extra black and white double bricks..sigh. I have done no trimming but wow here it is.....

Scraplady 12-29-2012 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yea! I think I am FINALLY caught up. I've managed to stay about a half a step behind since about Clue 3. But here it is! You can't see them in the photo, but I have cut out all the green triangles too (except I'm using yellow). I can't wait to do something with that last color. I too somehow managed to make a bunch of extra double bricks, and somehow cut about twice as many of the purple (mine are pink) "wings" for Clue 5. I was kind of hoping maybe I would wind up needing them for another step, but it's sounding like there won't be too many more steps. Maybe I can use them in a pieced border. And in true Bonnie style, I made lots of little "bonus" HSTs in step 5 (they aren't in the photo). They are tiny, barely 1 1/4", but I will use them in the border somewhere.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384753[/ATTACH]

Xtgirl 12-29-2012 08:09 PM

Love your colors scraplady! Looking at yours I realize that I need to sew my bw flying geese to my purple and turquoise flying geese...whooops...Anyone want to give me advice on trimming? I've never done precise trimming before.

lfstamper 12-29-2012 08:16 PM

OMG - these blocks are amazing...you all have a lot of patience!

gardnergal970 12-30-2012 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Xtgirl (Post 5748872)
Love your colors scraplady! Looking at yours I realize that I need to sew my bw flying geese to my purple and turquoise flying geese...whooops...Anyone want to give me advice on trimming? I've never done precise trimming before.

I use a ruler on top of the piece I'm trimming, lining it up as square as I possibly can with the 3 1/2x 2 inch lines on the ruler and trim the overhang on two sides using my rotary cutter. Turn the piece 180 degrees and line up the Inside corners you've just trimmed with the correct lines on the ruler and once again trim the overhang. There might be some where you have to fudge a little if the geese wings have gone wonky and they aren't quite large enough but usually I can make something like that work if it's only a thread or two width off. It can be a tedious process but it does make the next piecing step easier to keep on target and the final block come out the size you intended. Have fun!

Belfrybat 12-30-2012 09:11 AM

Xtgirl and Scraplady -- impressive! I'm still working on step 3. I feel like the little train that could as the mountain of unfinished products is getting higher and higher, but I can, I can, I....

urgodschild2 12-30-2012 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5745790)
Did you get a new embroidery machine for Christmas urgodschild? That will be a new fun toy for you!

Yes, Clue 7 New Years Eve, wow that is different for her! She also mentioned a RAPID FIRE FINISH! Maybe she will give us all the information we need to put this baby together all at once? She usually drags that out for several weeks too, leaving you in suspense longer!

No Idid not get a new machine. I have had this machine for 6 years and never used it. So I tried yesterday. I have a large hoop and I wanted to do a small embroidery design and it was way too much material for a little thing. Pluse the machine did something wonky so I gave up. I put everything away and then I discovered when I put the module away that I have all the different size hoops in there. Who knew???? Probably should have looked in that darn pocket. So I will be trying again to make smaller designs. LOL. I am finished with all my clues. I believed she said to check on New Years and then the last one was going to be next Friday.

Scraplady 12-31-2012 08:23 AM

Clue 7 was up this morning, and evidently the 8th and FINAL will be posted tomorrow! What happened to a week between steps? I did wonder when she said she would be on the road again come January, if it was going to wrap up pretty quick. I can't wait to see what the finished quilt will look like. I think I'm seeing some stars in the future?

Xtgirl 01-01-2013 07:28 AM

Wow, I just woke up and checked the site. This quilt is going to be gorgeous. I love her colors and hope that my substitution of orange will still look nice. I'm doing the planet patchwork New Years mystery quilt so easy street will have to wait, but wow, I can't wait to see everyone's!!!! Hope to finish it today! Lets see some pics!!!!