Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bonnie-hunter-easy-street-thread-t206174.html)

Belfrybat 01-18-2013 07:12 AM

Wow! I love everyone's quilts and colour choices. I've just got to get cracking and get mine done. Other mysteries and quilting projects keep intervening. But since I actually purchased fabric for this one, I am determined to finish it. Just seeing how everyone's turned out gives me a lot of encouragement.

quilt addict 01-18-2013 03:39 PM

Does anyone have the pdf of step 8? I get an error every time I try to download from Bonnie's website.

Fraew 01-18-2013 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Easy Street Part 8 (it's a large file):

Fraew 01-19-2013 11:49 AM

I am renaming my Easy Steet. The new name is "The Quilt that Never Ends". Yes, just like the song, it goes on and on my friend:

<DD>This is the quilt (song) that never ends. <DD>It just goes on and on my friends. <DD>Some people started piecing (singing) it not knowing what it was (a mystery), <DD>And they'll continue sewing (singing) it forever just because..... <DD>Etc.

Oh my word...it just won't get finished already!

Hope I made you laugh. :D</DD>

SheriR 01-19-2013 12:26 PM

HaHa :D Silly Fraew. :D

You can do it!!! Come on everyone. Sing and sew!! Fraew gave us a song. :D

candi 01-19-2013 01:06 PM

LOL Fraew, we must be doing two different mysteries! Yesterday, I finished piecing my top and thought to myself "wow that went fast" LOL..I did just do 3x3 layout, so 9 blocks A and 4 blocks B so maybe yours is just going on because of the extra blocks?? Either way, just keep plugging along, it is SO worth it and you will love it at the end:)
I am planning on working ob on borders tomorrow and then I will post pics.

Happy Saturday y'all.

sewplease 01-19-2013 02:31 PM

The pictures have been LOVELY and I'm looking forward to seeing more! I have everything cut and ready for final assembly except for the double bricks. I can't decide whether to piece them or use one fabric cut at 3.5". Will probably cut a few squares and lay a block out to see how I want to go with it.

It's a three day weekend for me so I hope to get lots done. :-) Laura

brookemarie19 01-19-2013 07:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow! Everyone's tops look great! I have done mine in two different ways. The first one is the originally planned and then the next one is with the blocks side by side but gives the look of it being on point. I made them smaller than originally planned and still have to do the borders but am happy with them so far. I was thinking of trying a ribbon border on one if not both of them.

quiltsRfun 01-19-2013 09:00 PM

Two totally different looks but both are great. I also like your colors.

JeanieG 01-19-2013 11:59 PM

Brooke, your quilts are exquisite! I just love them both. Your colors turned out great! I'm anxious to see what your borders look like, sound like a good idea.