Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bonnie-hunter-easy-street-thread-t206174.html)

Scraplady 01-08-2013 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 5771403)
Scraplady, there is a thread here
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...a-t205567.html
with some thoughts on the newer Janomes.

Thanks for the link. I'm trying to all my homework before I decide. It would be the most pricey machine I've ever bought, but that 11" throat space is calling to me, along with a lot of other things...

Neena 01-09-2013 04:14 PM

Easy Street Blocks Together!!

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of my version of the Bonnie Hunter Easy Street Mystery Quilt...Loved doing this mystery quilt with her!...just deciding on how to border it now....Can honestly say I would never have attempted this complex of a pattern if I had known beforehand but so glad I did do it with Bonnie's quidance...learned so much and have a great quilt!

Fraew 01-09-2013 04:30 PM

Neena that is great! :thumbup:

SheriR 01-09-2013 06:24 PM

Neena!!! Love it very beautiful.

sewplease 01-09-2013 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Neena (Post 5774761)
Here is a picture of my version of the Bonnie Hunter Easy Street Mystery Quilt.......Can honestly say I would never have attempted this complex of a pattern if I had known beforehand but so glad I did do it with Bonnie's quidance...learned so much and have a great quilt!

Your quilt is beautiful! I have to agree with you about doing her mystery quilts. If I had seen a pattern like this in a book before ever trying one, I would turn the page because it looked hard. I think Bonnie has made many of us stretch and become better quilters. :-)

Scraplady 01-10-2013 08:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Neena, I like your version. The dark "geese" really make that secondary pattern striking. Wow.

Here is my top completed. I am not as in love with it as I hoped I would be. I don't dislike it, I just don't LOVE it like I thought I would. I know I will like it better once it's quilted, I always do, but that won't be for a while. It's been a lot of fun, but I simply have got to move on to other "required" projects. I toyed with making just a 2 X 3 layout, but was afraid it would lose the effect of the pattern. Now I'm sort of wishing I had. I could have put a nice striking border all the way around and the finished size would have been closer to what I wanted. After making the 3 X 3 block layout, I decided I still wanted a rectangular, rather than square, finished quilt. (I find square quilts awkward to use as throws and that is what this will be.) So I opted to add borders to only two sides. I am a bit disappointed that all my hard work making the little pinwheels with the leftover triangles from step 5 (yes, I saved them!) doesn't show up well in the busy black print. I guess you just have to get up close and personal to appreciate them! Sorry the photos aren't the best this time.[ATTACH=CONFIG]387215[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]387216[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 01-10-2013 01:04 PM

Scraplady, I love the colors in your quilt! The pinwheels are so cute, and yes, they would have shown up better with a solid border. At least you can say you are finished, I'm sure it will grow on you! Great job!

kristakz 01-12-2013 07:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished my Easy Street. I made just under half the blocks on each step, and ended up with almost the exact right number of units for a 2x3 layout. A 10" border all around gave me a twin size quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]387776[/ATTACH]

quiltsRfun 01-12-2013 09:47 PM

Love your quilt, Krista. Great selection of fabrics and it worked really well at that size. Nice work on the borders.

JeanieG 01-12-2013 10:39 PM

I ditto quiltsRfun - love the borders! Makes a really nice size quilt! I'm still plugging away. I have 9 more A blocks and 7 more B blocks to complete.