Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-i9-k9-m8-tr5-pics-t32596.html)

BlueChicken 01-01-2010 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by okie

Originally Posted by BlueChicken

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
i'll get to work on BR2 this weekend and i'll take pics of each finished unit as i'm sewing them to each other.

It took me half an hour to figure out the pieces of paper went together, let alone putting the fabric on! LMAO :shock:

There *is* a very smalll y seam, I didn't realise it was there till I was cutting out the paper... where section E joins the one above it (mine don't all get Letters which is annoying) there is a very faint Y seam.

BC which unit shows E? If it like mine the unit that is labeled E is in fact A. Klue showed this on about page 11 and 12 of the topic post how this triangle goes together. For some reason the printing using work with block and work with quilt don't always print the same way. I think the software is possessed.

Mine shows E as well.

To be honest, I've just re done it and moved which bits are in which section. I've ended up with 12 bits instead of 10, but it seems to me to be MUCH easier, and more straightforward to put together. Sometimes the least amount of bits is not the easiest way. I have more straight lines and that tiny Y seam is gone.

user3587 01-01-2010 06:45 PM

Because of the sashing I'm using, I have a DJ Project saved that has the sashing and triangles at their different sizes to the normal one. I always select the block off the *work on quilt* table, and then use the little print button at the top of the screen and make sure "size from quilt" is picked. That way I never get the wrong size and always get the exact block.

I didn't even realize you could print this way until you were telling someone. I've always used the top icon for printing, but using the "work with quilt" the units are not labeled correctly at least for BR5 it isn't. I could make a quilt just with the printouts I've done for the triangle.

BlueChicken 01-01-2010 06:49 PM

I didn't realise there was another way at all till someone was having problems! LOL

It just seems logical to me to always print from the actual project you're doing, especially for the triangles with their difficult sizes. I also do it for the colours, so I don't rely on my dodgy memory.

Esqmommy 01-01-2010 06:54 PM

I'm confused as all get out!!

Now I realized that the version I did was from an Adobe for BR2 and it's 1/2 inch too small. unbelievable.

I'm going to have to start over. Boy, I'm going to have a huge discard pile the way things are going. Lots of coasters and doll quilt candidates I suppose.

BlueChicken 01-01-2010 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I'm confused as all get out!!

Now I realized that the version I did was from an Adobe for BR2 and it's 1/2 inch too small. unbelievable.

I'm going to have to start over. Boy, I'm going to have a huge discard pile the way things are going. Lots of coasters and doll quilt candidates I suppose.

Yes.... but by the time we're done you'll also be an expert quilter! (or institutionalised! ;-) )

Esqmommy 01-01-2010 06:59 PM

Probably the latter BC.

user3587 01-01-2010 07:01 PM

I didn't realise there was another way at all till someone was having problems! LOL

It just seems logical to me to always print from the actual project you're doing, especially for the triangles with their difficult sizes. I also do it for the colours, so I don't rely on my dodgy memory.

I'm not experienced enough to be cutting up sections. When I tried using the units as labeled I came up with 2 Y seams. I've learned not to depend on the software when it labels a unit. Worked at least 6 hrs on this and at the end of day, I have nothing, just crumpled up paper, tomorrow is a new day. Printing from the project at least with this triangle didn't print the right results with my possessed DJS

Brazen 01-01-2010 07:09 PM

I wasn't going to come here and say anything about BR2, but now that I've read the last several pages..... I've just gotta yell, "I am sooooooooooo CONFUSED!" LOL!!!!!

I WAS working by the pics posted by Klue in the middle of this thread, but mine didn't look the same. So now I'm working from the layout pattern thing that printed out from the DJ software. So far, so good.... it LOOKS right, but I've ripped out so many seams - this had definitely taken the longest so far.

I'm glad I AM ahead of schedule, to make up for times like this! The last hurdle will be SIZE now.... when I'm all done, will it be the correct dimensions?!?!? hehe

BlueChicken 01-01-2010 07:11 PM

I've redrafted BR2 into just 8 pieces, and I'm sure it will work. (*crosses fingers and starts praying*)

Oh... and once I've made it and know for sure that the redraft works, I'll be happy to load the pdf.

Anyone wanting to renumber their own.... all you do is hit "start over" under the "sections" heading, and then click on each piece you want to group together. You click all the pieces you want in one group, then hit the "group" button, then do the next section. If you make a mistake, hit "start over" again and it wipes them and you start again.

Janstar 01-01-2010 07:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK guys, I did it and all I did was follow Kelly's tute on page 12 to a T. Your right about there being a slight Y seam but it works great! Here goes!

BR2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62129[/ATTACH]