Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-i9-k9-m8-tr5-pics-t32596.html)

BlueChicken 12-31-2009 12:52 PM

Mine is "Jane in the Pacific" , for both the storm at sea setting and the fact I'm way down here in the Pacific Ocean. :-)

My colours are actually Blue and Grey, it looks white on the screen but is a very pale soft grey. The sashing will have a dark gunmetal type grey as well.

luvmortherest 12-31-2009 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken

Originally Posted by luvmortherest
what if you are doing two at the same time :?: :oops: :shock:

Then you go under the heading of LEGEND / INSANE! :-) lol

rotflmbo :twisted:

amma 12-31-2009 02:37 PM

All of your blocks are beautiful!!!
I love the variety of fabrics and themes :D:D:D

ai731 12-31-2009 03:26 PM

I haven't been online much the past few days, we were out visiting family for Christmas & Boxing day, and then had house guests for a few days right after. Our guest room doubles as my sewing room (I'm sure I'm not the only one!) So I had to tidy up and pack away all my quilting things to make it safe for the 4-year-old boy who was staying with us. I shudder to think what could happen if a small child got hold of my good fabric scissors or rotary cutter!

Anyway, so now I'm catching up on all the posts from the past week on this thread and the Cyber Party thread in the BOM forum.

The blocks everyone has posted so far look absolutely great!

So far I've only had time to try one block and it was a bit of a disaster! I thought I'd try to do K9 using rotary cutting - big mistake! Not only is it badly lopsided, but it came out 4.5 inches unfinished instead of 5 inches. So it's back to paper-piecing for me!

I'm going to sit down this weekend and try it again.

Oh, nad if you're making a list of the themes of our quilts, Klue, you can put mine down as "Batik Baby Jane".

Jan

kluedesigns 12-31-2009 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by ai731
I haven't been online much the past few days, we were out visiting family for Christmas & Boxing day, and then had house guests for a few days right after. Our guest room doubles as my sewing room (I'm sure I'm not the only one!) So I had to tidy up and pack away all my quilting things to make it safe for the 4-year-old boy who was staying with us. I shudder to think what could happen if a small child got hold of my good fabric scissors or rotary cutter!

Anyway, so now I'm catching up on all the posts from the past week on this thread and the Cyber Party thread in the BOM forum.

So far I've only had time to try one block and it was a bit of a disaster! I thought I'd try to do K9 using rotary cutting - big mistake! Not only is it badly lopsided, but it came out 4.5 inches unfinished instead of 5 inches. So it's back to paper-piecing for me!

Oh, nad if you're making a list of the themes of our quilts, Klue, you can put mine down as "Batik Baby Jane".

Jan

jan

your post even sounds tired. you must be so happy that your house can go back to normal now.

i made the note on batik baby jane

BlueChicken 12-31-2009 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by ai731

Jan

I did K9 by rotary cutting and normal piecing. The tips I've learned are ... starch that sucker till it's carboard! ;-) I starch the fabric before I start till it's really stiff. Then use super sharp cutter, super sharp needle in the machine (read: new for super sharp) and sew slowly, be patient and precise.

Esqmommy 12-31-2009 03:40 PM

I love everyone's names so far!! How awesome is this group? It's the best!!!!!!!!!! Let's remember to help each other stay inspired, excited and fresh. There will be challenging times for all of us...wow, what an endeavor!

Lacelady 12-31-2009 03:49 PM

You can put me down for Past and Present Jane (muslin and batiks) Happy New Year to everyone doing a Jane (it's 11.48pm here in Ireland) and a great quilty new decade.

kluedesigns 12-31-2009 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
You can put me down for Past and Present Jane (muslin and batiks) Happy New Year to everyone doing a Jane (it's 11.48pm here in Ireland) and a great quilty new decade.

Happy New Year to you!!!!

Lacelady 12-31-2009 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
A tip for anyone using wider sashing than Jane's, it changes the sizes on the triangles. So use the "size from quilt" option when printing templates or foundation patterns.

Blue, I have tried until I am 'blue' in the face, and I can't check that 'size from quilt' option - any tips for what I might be doing wrong, because I would like to have 1inch sashing in my quilt, and I need larger triangles.