Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-i9-k9-m8-tr5-pics-t32596.html)

Janstar 12-29-2009 09:08 PM

Good job bc! Is that the colors of your DJ? It will be great when you get it all together. What will your background color be?

luvmortherest 12-29-2009 09:33 PM

awesome blocks

kluedesigns 12-29-2009 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Janstar
MNQuilter, it's even more fun if you don't have to make so many of the same block. Each one is more fun than the last! Hope you are joining us!

i agree completely. it is much more fun this way.

each one is like a tasty little treat.

kluedesigns 12-29-2009 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by okie
Klue, on the 19 block we picked the same red on white fabric

excellent, i just love that we going to be twins.

kluedesigns 12-29-2009 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by bchuggins
Okay - Don't laugh - here are my wild and crazy blocks :oops: :mrgreen:
I'm having alot of fun and have learned quite a bit already!
This is the first time I uploaded a photo here so if I have done something wrong let me know.

My outside of these blocks have not been trimmed... I thought I read somewhere that you don't trim it til you put them together. Is this correct?

they look great!! i love the colors and the fabric. the center motif in I9 is perfect.

you uploaded the pics perfectly.

you can wait until the end to square everything up. when we get ready to sew all the blocks together you can do it then.

BlueChicken 12-29-2009 10:25 PM

*jumps up and down like a mad thing*

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! We started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*falls off chair*

I'm SO excited! I love those batiks, they're gorgeous. And klue, your blocks look awesome, knew they would! ;-) They look much better in real life than off the printed picture don't they.

I agree with the comment about one of each block being more fun too.... I've just done one that was quite involved and all I could think as I trimmed it up was "thank god I don't have to make 17 more of these suckers!"

Sheila Elaine 12-29-2009 11:21 PM

Ladies, these DJ's are looking good. Hope to be able to join one of these or BOM, or Doll Quilt Swap soon. I did the DQS in Oct & that was so much fun. TTUL.........

user3587 12-30-2009 02:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are mine, and yes they look like Klue's. We have found we have about the same taste in quilting colorways and styles There is one big big difference, her workmanship is much better.

Work Week 1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]61839[/ATTACH]

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 02:43 AM

they look even better than mine. i love the 9 patch looking block in the swirl print - the swirls play nicely with all the straight lines in that block.

great job!

user3587 12-30-2009 02:53 AM

Klue
Are you getting up or not been to bed yet?
I didn't take as close a camera shot as you did, there was a reason :lol: Things look better from afar.