Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-i9-k9-m8-tr5-pics-t32596.html)

sewmuchfun 12-30-2009 01:24 PM

When I looked at the finished quilt on the net it looked much to hard for me to tackle. Maybe it is, but I think I will try and make it. I am new to this QB and am not sure where to start.Could any one steer me in the right direction on this?

BlueChicken 12-30-2009 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Iluv2quilt
I so wanted to do this and now it looks like I will be unable. My computer won't even recognize by CDrom so I can't load the software. What you've made so far is beautiful, but a bit intimidating, lots of pieces and precision.

Maybe I can catch up later on, after I figure out this stupid computer.

enjoy!!

I just about cried when I realised my computer's disc drive was broken and it wouldn't read the disk.
I ended up copying the disk onto a removable drive which I plugged into my computer and voila, it loaded off there.

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 02:34 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sewmuchfun
When I looked at the finished quilt on the net it looked much to hard for me to tackle. Maybe it is, but I think I will try and make it. I am new to this QB and am not sure where to start.Could any one steer me in the right direction on this?

ok, we'll start with the easy stuff.

i'll attach the general shopping list i put together, the schedule of blocks, and another member was kind enough to put together an abbreviated notes page regarding little tidbits from the Cyber Party thread.

block schedule
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58527[/ATTACH]

shopping lists
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60873[/ATTACH]

tidbits
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60874[/ATTACH]

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by sewmuchfun

then the tutes for blocks/triangles to be done for next week have been posted.

these are the very first set so you aren't behind at all.

the next set will go up by next wednesday.

here's the link to the tutes

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-32590-1.htm

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken

I so wanted to do this and now it looks like I will be unable. My computer won't even recognize by CDrom so I can't load the software. What you've made so far is beautiful, but a bit intimidating, lots of pieces and precision.

enjoy!!

I just about cried when I realised my computer's disc drive was broken and it wouldn't read the disk.
I ended up copying the disk onto a removable drive which I plugged into my computer and voila, it loaded off there.

oh my, that could have been terrible.

BlueChicken 12-30-2009 02:37 PM

A tip for anyone using wider sashing than Jane's, it changes the sizes on the triangles. So use the "size from quilt" option when printing templates or foundation patterns.

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 02:38 PM

enjoy!!

i've sent you a PM

user3587 12-30-2009 02:44 PM

I may have missed a step but after reading BlueChicken post are we supposed to attach our sashing as we go?

BlueChicken 12-30-2009 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by okie
I may have missed a step but after reading BlueChicken post are we supposed to attach our sashing as we go?

No.... I'm not doing a normal sashing, mine will be the Storm at Sea setting, which means squares in squares and a LOT more piecing. I don't want to get to the end and have to do all the sashing in one hit, so I'm planning on adding mine as I go to minimise the stress and work.

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by okie

no, you don't have to.

as blue said, she's doing a piece work sashing that would take weeks for her to finish if she did it during the time i penciled in on the schedule.

so for her to keep up it makes sense to start working on it now and do a little bit every week.