Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-i9-k9-m8-tr5-pics-t32596.html)

SazuBMidlands 01-10-2010 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've done my first weeks blocks... here we go...

Still working out the best ways to do things, which techniques I like etc. Hopefully I'll get faster as we go on.

Esqmommy 01-10-2010 09:10 AM

Oh my, that's going to be a stunning chocolate/turquoise quilt. Imagine with how many blocks there are...are you just using those two colors or do you plan to integrate others? Inquiring minds (mine) want to know! I'm using brown and turquoise in mine, but bringing lots of reds, creams and corals too.

Janstar 01-10-2010 09:22 AM

Awesome blocks Sazu. Great colors!!

SazuBMidlands 01-10-2010 09:24 AM

I'm hoping to stick with turquoise and brown. I have a range of turquoises from the more greenish end to the blueish end and so there will be more variety. I was hoping to stick with the one brown throughout, but I dont think I'll have enough. Its a fabric I bought from Joanns when on holiday, and while I'd love to visit Joanns again the Atlantic gets in the way a bit! I've going to try to fine something similar though to make up the difference. I didnt shop for this project - they're fabrics I'd bought to do a turquoise and brown quilt, but hadnt thought about the pattern, and then this cyber party was suggested.

Admittedly I tend to "adapt" ideas as I go along though, so who knows how it will be by the end!

Esqmommy 01-10-2010 09:35 AM

Well Sazu, can't wait to see it progress! It's going to be striking if you keep up with those colors.

kluedesigns 01-10-2010 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I had to laugh when I checked the difficulty levels...the advanced one was the one that went smoothly LOL. I have a feeling as I get near the end I'll want to come back and re-do a few of my first weeks blocks but I'm having fun and learning so it's all good.

=)

LOL

thats why i don't put much stock in difficulty levels of the jane quilt.

for me there are 2 types of jane blocks - its either, smoothly or i just want to shoot myself

:shock:

Butterflyspain 01-10-2010 10:07 AM

Love those colours Sazu, the sea and the rocks it reminds me of.

Elle

kluedesigns 01-10-2010 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
Other than the triangles I am doing three sets, (two of the triangles) so far so good, though I don't have these done in the third set as I had to wait for the fabric, and since it is now here I will be coming back to do them,

OMG!!

Butterflyspain 01-10-2010 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I had to laugh when I checked the difficulty levels...the advanced one was the one that went smoothly LOL. I have a feeling as I get near the end I'll want to come back and re-do a few of my first weeks blocks but I'm having fun and learning so it's all good.

=)

LOL

thats why i don't put much stock in difficulty levels of the jane quilt.

for me there are 2 types of jane blocks - its either, smoothly or i just want to shoot myself

:shock:

Tell DH to lock up his gun, we need you here to guide us LOL

kluedesigns 01-10-2010 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
Other than the third set of triangles, yes. yes I am, please don't call the men in white jackets until I am a little further along.

don't worry, if they take you away i'll smuggle in the jane tutes and fabric so you won't fall behind :lol: