Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-i9-k9-m8-tr5-pics-t32596.html)

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
A tip for anyone using wider sashing than Jane's, it changes the sizes on the triangles. So use the "size from quilt" option when printing templates or foundation patterns.

oh, thats a wonderful tip. we have to remember this because i'm sure it will come up time and again.

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Here are my blocks. They are not photographing as nicely as they look in person...oh well!!

i love your fabric colors. this will look smashing when its done.

i've never seen a jane in the color scheme you're working with.

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 07:35 PM

Here's mine.....

I'm really pleased, with the colours, the points, everything. :-)

they look beautiful. so crisp and sharp - the color is spot on.

excellent job

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Janstar
Here's mine.

they look awesome but your work is always top notch.

i really like the soft colors you've chosen.

luvmortherest 12-30-2009 07:42 PM

all the blocks are lovely. i had better ger cracking

Teacup 12-30-2009 07:51 PM

Great job, everyone! My skills are not up to this yet, but I'm going to participate vicariously and enjoy watching everyone's come together this year!

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Teacup
Great job, everyone! My skills are not up to this yet, but I'm going to participate vicariously and enjoy watching everyone's come together this year!

you could always make a jane sampler.

if you see me post a pattern or tute of a jane block you'd like to try let me know.

i can help you and maybe at the end you'll have a 50 block jane sampler quilt or you'll be 50 blocks towards finishing a jane.

the author of the Dear Jane Book has never made an entire jane quilt and finally a bunch of quilters got together and gave her one as a gift since she wasn't going to do it herself.

BlueChicken 12-30-2009 07:55 PM

And in the future, you can point out mistakes!!!!!!!!! For sure...I want to know. Of course, please be gentle..I am a sensitive soul!

It actually took me a while to figure out why it looked different.

I'm loving seeing all the different colourways, when the rows start coming together it's going to be spectacular, like a rainbow! :-)

crickets 12-30-2009 08:00 PM

Here's mine.....

I'm really pleased, with the colours, the points, everything. :-)

All I can say is "WOW!" - love the colors, just everything!!!!

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 08:02 PM

And in the future, you can point out mistakes!!!!!!!!! For sure...I want to know. Of course, please be gentle..I am a sensitive soul!

It actually took me a while to figure out why it looked different.

I'm loving seeing all the different colourways, when the rows start coming together it's going to be spectacular, like a rainbow! :-)

i know, all i keep thinking is how amazing its going to look at the end when all these completed janes start getting posted.

it gives me goosebumps