Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-i9-k9-m8-tr5-pics-t32596.html)

luvmortherest 12-31-2009 06:27 PM

[quote=kluedesigns][quote=BlueChicken

this is wonderful.

i've been working on a micro jane (roughly 50% the size of the original) and i couldn't figure out the kite size to print.

now i know thanks to that button.[/quote]

speaking of kites what size are they

kluedesigns 12-31-2009 06:53 PM

[quote=luvmortherest][quote=kluedesigns]

Originally Posted by BlueChicken

this is wonderful.

i've been working on a micro jane (roughly 50% the size of the original) and i couldn't figure out the kite size to print.

now i know thanks to that button.[/quote

speaking of kites what size are they

8 inches finished.

luvmortherest 12-31-2009 07:05 PM

is it 8 inches square or 5 by 8 :?:

user3587 12-31-2009 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

I know what it is.....

you guys are using the "print the patterns" button on the left side of the screen?

You need to use the little arrow tool, select the block you want to print, and then use the print button on the top menu, scrolling down to either "foundation" "templates" etc.

:-)

ou're brilliant - thats exactly it.

I have wee flashes of brilliance every now and then! LOL ;-)

Janstar 12-31-2009 08:10 PM

My DJ will be muslin and a combination of repo/modern scrappy. I want to assemble it like she did so am sticking to her colors as close as possible. Was trying to think of a name with Washington in it. Any ideas???

sarahelloyd 12-31-2009 08:12 PM

Hi everyone, I'm still waiting for my son to go back to University to get back in his room ( I do love him so much but 3 weeks!?! LOL) anyway, I just love all the photos so far and next task is to choose a name! mmmmm perhaps it should be a when can I sew again Jane - just joking - promise. Happy New Year to you all (it's 4.10 am gmt here).

Esqmommy 12-31-2009 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Janstar
My DJ will be muslin and a combination of repo/modern scrappy. I want to assemble it like she did so am sticking to her colors as close as possible. Was trying to think of a name with Washington in it. Any ideas???

I'm thinking...I bet it will come to you as you go along..."jane's Washington Welcome"

Okay, did you see my earlier post about muslin? Just in case you were using it because you are reproducing the real one...muslins were not used in the mid 1800's for quilts. They used cotton...whites and offwhites, but not muslin. Of course, you are welcome to use whatever you want..it's your quilt! And no doubt, will be fabulous with muslin. However, they did NOT use muslin back then!!

Janstar 12-31-2009 08:32 PM

Thank you for that info Esq. I'm just trying to stay as close to her colors as possible. I selected a pretty good one I hope. Never knew there were so many different types of muslin! I really like the colors you have picked out!! Thanks for the name idea too!!

kluedesigns 12-31-2009 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by luvmortherest
is it 8 inches square or 5 by 8 :?:

you set the size to 8x8 for the kites and it prints out correct for the tapered kite.

kluedesigns 12-31-2009 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Janstar

what is washington state known for - maybe we could play on that so it isn't so on the nose.

like if you wanted NY i'd say Big Apple Jane or Broadway Jane - things along those lines.