Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-i9-k9-m8-tr5-pics-t32596.html)

Esqmommy 12-31-2009 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
A tip for anyone using wider sashing than Jane's, it changes the sizes on the triangles. So use the "size from quilt" option when printing templates or foundation patterns.

Blue, I have tried until I am 'blue' in the face, and I can't check that 'size from quilt' option - any tips for what I might be doing wrong, because I would like to have 1inch sashing in my quilt, and I need larger triangles.

If I'm doing a regular Jane...with the 4.5 inch squares and the 5x8 triangles, do I need to do anything special, other than resize the triangles when I print them?? I think not, but tell me now before I make any more blocks!!!!!!!!!!!

kluedesigns 12-31-2009 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy

A tip for anyone using wider sashing than Jane's, it changes the sizes on the triangles. So use the "size from quilt" option when printing templates or foundation patterns.

Blue, I have tried until I am 'blue' in the face, and I can't check that 'size from quilt' option - any tips for what I might be doing wrong, because I would like to have 1inch sashing in my quilt, and I need larger triangles.

If I'm doing a regular Jane...with the 4.5 inch squares and the 5x8 triangles, do I need to do anything special, other than resize the triangles when I print them?? I think not, but tell me now before I make any more blocks!!!!!!!!!!!

no, the 5x8 size triangle is based on 4.5 blocks and 0.5 inch sashing.

kluedesigns 12-31-2009 05:20 PM

i can't click on that button either on the print menu

BlueChicken 12-31-2009 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

i can't click on that button either on the print menu

I must not be understanding where you are, sorry. no matter what I try I can always check that option. Have taken a screen shot... you might need to download it and blow it up to see.

You can see how odd the measurements are for my triangles!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]61154[/ATTACH]

kluedesigns 12-31-2009 05:40 PM

i still can't click on that button.

i'll have to play around with this to figure it out.

thanks for posting the screen shots

BlueChicken 12-31-2009 05:58 PM

I know what it is.....

you guys are using the "print the patterns" button on the left side of the screen?

You need to use the little arrow tool, select the block you want to print, and then use the print button on the top menu, scrolling down to either "foundation" "templates" etc.

:-)

kluedesigns 12-31-2009 06:07 PM

I know what it is.....

you guys are using the "print the patterns" button on the left side of the screen?

You need to use the little arrow tool, select the block you want to print, and then use the print button on the top menu, scrolling down to either "foundation" "templates" etc.

you're brilliant - thats exactly it.

luvmortherest 12-31-2009 06:08 PM

this is the way i do it as well and i have no problems

kluedesigns 12-31-2009 06:10 PM

I know what it is.....

this is wonderful.

i've been working on a micro jane (roughly 50% the size of the original) and i couldn't figure out the kite size to print.

now i know thanks to that button.

BlueChicken 12-31-2009 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

I know what it is.....

you're brilliant - thats exactly it.

I have wee flashes of brilliance every now and then! LOL ;-)