Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-block-party-january-2012-a-t162737.html)

luvmortherest 10-28-2011 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Anael
I mastered G6 today. It´s not perfectly but I´m satisfied!

looks great to me

thomp116 10-28-2011 06:24 PM

So what you're saying is, if I do that one when I first start, the rest will be a breeze???? :lol:

Cre8tvlwyr 10-28-2011 06:26 PM

hopefully you're not saying I should schedule it for the first week!!!

thomp116 10-28-2011 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
hopefully you're not saying I should schedule it for the first week!!!

Sounds like you shouldn't schedule it for the first YEAR!

QuiltswithConvicts 10-28-2011 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by DottyD
Ah G6 - Papa's Star -- little monkey that one, several of my efforts ended up in the bin before I achieved one !!

Papa's Star was either the 1st or 2nd block I did way back in 1997. I did all mine by hand. I still can't believe that I actually finished the top starting out like I did. Glad I did, though!

Edit: get it out of the way!!! :twisted: :thumbup: :twisted:

Anael 10-28-2011 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by thomp116
So what you're saying is, if I do that one when I first start, the rest will be a breeze???? :lol:

If you can do M3 without ripping or starting over again this one will be a breeze!

thomp116 10-28-2011 07:31 PM

Are you guys trying to scare me? I haven't gotten the book or CD yet, but I know I really want to do this (along with a thousand other things, of course).

Edit: Maybe that's the way to do it...get the scary ones out of the way first!

Cre8tvlwyr 10-28-2011 08:11 PM

I'm goin to start us off real easy - I'm determined not to lose anyone!!

We can slip in a harder one near the start and work on it periodically or over a couple of weeks so we don't get frustrated. Putting the harder ones in the beginning is like assigning calculus problems to a geometry student.

SheriR 10-28-2011 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
I'm goin to start us off real easy - I'm determined not to lose anyone!!

We can slip in a harder one near the start and work on it periodically or over a couple of weeks so we don't get frustrated. Putting the harder ones in the beginning is like assigning calculus problems to a geometry student.

It sounds like you have a good plan, and I'm so glad. I don't have my book or cd or rulers either. And it's been a long time since I took ANY math class. But I'm still collecting fabrics and I KNOW I can do this even though I don't get half of what you DJ pros are talking about......

I'm soooo glad you're starting this group!!!

d.rickman 10-29-2011 12:52 AM

Ok I'm jumping in as well, just waiting for book CD, rulers, etc, and collecting fabrics......OMG am I ready for this!!