Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-block-party-january-2012-a-t162737.html)

thomp116 10-26-2011 11:19 PM

I've done a couple Christmas projects recently where I've cut two, rather than just one. Seems like if you do them at the same time it is easier than dragging everything out again to do a repeat. Who knows? Maybe I'll do two!

QuiltswithConvicts 10-27-2011 03:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Cre8, Below is a pic of Jane's Journey when I was basting her last year! I had started JJ in 1997, put it away, picked her back up, then put away again. On & on like that until last summer when I was moving the chest she lived in around & decided that I wouldn't put her away again!!! OK, so now she's put away in a giant Ziploc blue bag waiting for cold weather! I'm about half-way finished quilting the blocks, then the tris await. Not in any big hurry to finish her (started in 1997 :-) ).

Isn't that greenfairy quilt gorgeous? I would never even considered using the Kaffe fabrics if I hadn't seen that! And what beautiful work green fairy does! Actually, quite a few of our Board LAers do terrific work! Wish I could afford to have some of them do my quilts! Only problem is that I love to buy fabric, so that would be a hard choice!

thomp116 10-27-2011 03:51 AM

Beautiful work, both of you!

Anael 10-27-2011 05:13 AM

Yesterday I decided to go with fabric I have. I will try and stay with the original colors as close as possible but no CW fabric as I donīt have any. I thought, Jane didnīt buy lots of fabric but used what was at hand so I will do the same.

bcross 10-27-2011 05:36 AM

This would be a great project. I'm not sure I'm ready for it yet.
I have committed to doing a Sylvia's Bridal Sampler that a group will start in January, 2012. I'll see how that goes and put this one on my bucket list.

sandpat 10-27-2011 06:37 AM

For those of you asking how much fabric to buy....I bought 1 yrd. each of 4 different creams to use as backgrounds for the blocks/tris, then bought another 1/2 yrd. at the end. I started the prints by buying a Jelly Roll of a Moda collection and that worked perfectly for most blocks as I was strip piecing the little PP blocks. Then, I bought only FQ's, 1/8 or 1/4 yrds. of a few others along the way as I got bored with my originals and had plenty. About midway through, I swapped prints with another DJ'er who was using the same tones as I was using.

Cre8tvlwyr 10-27-2011 07:06 AM

OK... what is "PP" other than..you know :roll:

Kathy, your DJ is worth every one of those days you put into it! All you work is gorgeous [as is your Judy Matheison avatar!... my longest standing UFO is the first quilt as an adult - Judy's sampler class back in 1977]

As a teenager I made about 6-8 quilts for children of close family friends...wish I had pics. For one I shadow quilted nursery rhyme pictures I had traced onto fabric and pieced. Mom was a dressmaker and taught me to sew & I was always trying different stuff!

Luv,
we'll help you finish those off in no time ;-)
two DJs AND an AOTH... what were you thinking?? Didnt you have a wedding in there somewhere as well?

sandpat 10-27-2011 07:16 AM

LOL....PP is paper piecing! Lots of us PP'ers on the board..LOL..it is funny!

Cre8tvlwyr 10-27-2011 08:15 AM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
I do that kind of PP too :roll:

mim 10-27-2011 02:42 PM

I know that somewhere is the list of blocks arranged by difficulty or by similar design -- but I can't find it -- was it in the book or in the prevoius DJ thread??
Mim