Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-block-party-january-2012-a-t162737.html)

Fraew 11-09-2011 08:35 AM

Beautiful Janstar!

Anael 11-09-2011 09:39 AM

Cre8, I've had a look at your schedule and it's ok with me. Some are easy and some are more difficult but we want to learn something :D Thatquilt has excellent tuts, I used them quite a lot.
I tried to keep up with the former group but I didn't manage. There were too many blocks to make and quite a lot of them were difficult so I gave up and followed my own schedule - being no schedule at all LOL

SheriR 11-09-2011 01:27 PM

Would the Electric Quilt software help in this project?

Anael 11-09-2011 01:37 PM

I use the DJ software, didn't try EQ. I do have EQ 5, I guess some blocks will be in the library but I never looked to be honest.

SheriR 11-09-2011 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 4658176)
I use the DJ software, didn't try EQ. I do have EQ 5, I guess some blocks will be in the library but I never looked to be honest.

Thanks for replying. I was about to order the book/software/templates and didn't know which exactly I needed.

Anael 11-09-2011 01:45 PM

I have the book and software, no templates. I do PP whenever I can ;)

katybob 11-09-2011 02:03 PM

SheriR, the DJ software is an Electric Quilt product, but it's stand-alone -- you don't have to have the EQ software to run it. The template patterns are "printable" from the software, as well as the full block and PP patterns. I've just started making a few triangles and discovered that those templates aren't part of the software, but after you've got a few blocks under your belt and if you go to the "thatquilt" blog you don't really need them.

SheriR 11-09-2011 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by katybob (Post 4658251)
SheriR, the DJ software is an Electric Quilt product, but it's stand-alone -- you don't have to have the EQ software to run it. The template patterns are "printable" from the software, as well as the full block and PP patterns. I've just started making a few triangles and discovered that those templates aren't part of the software, but after you've got a few blocks under your belt and if you go to the "thatquilt" blog you don't really need them.

So I don't NEED the templates? Just the CD from the DearJane site?

katybob 11-09-2011 02:13 PM

That's right. The templates are part of the software. I have the book, too, and it's helpful when trying to figure out colors if you're using Civil War fabrics and it's very interesting to look at -- you get some good close-ups of the original quilt.

SheriR 11-09-2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by katybob (Post 4658276)
That's right. The templates are part of the software. I have the book, too, and it's helpful when trying to figure out colors if you're using Civil War fabrics and it's very interesting to look at -- you get some good close-ups of the original quilt.

Thanks Katy. I have amazon open now lol and I can get what I need. <3