Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-block-party-january-2012-a-t162737.html)

Chay 01-06-2012 06:50 AM

QuiltnNan that red and white is gorgeous! A red and white quilt is on my list, there is a blog that's called Just Takes 2 that is doing a BOM with 2 colors. I think Brenda from Dear Jane is part of it. I also agree with you that the cream could be a bit lighter.

Rose Marie there is a way to move the pieces in the software to print them on one page. I don't have the exact instructions in my mind at the moment; I'll look at my software and reply to your post again. But it is possible.

katybob 01-06-2012 06:51 AM

Rose Marie, I'm kind of tight when it comes to wasting paper, too. Here's a quick tip on printing. Always click on "preview" in the dialog box before you print. On the preview screen at the top is a button labeled "Move". Click on that, then you can move the sections around. I can usually get everything on one page. Then click the print button on the same page. I agree there's a lot of stuff in the software that might be fun to play with, but I'd never use either.

Rose Marie 01-06-2012 06:59 AM

Thanks Katy will do that.

katybob 01-06-2012 07:03 AM

Now maybe someone on this thread can tell us how to make the "delete" button on the preview screen to work. I've read the instructions and fiddled with it, but I've never been able to delete a section.

luvmortherest 01-06-2012 07:16 AM

to delete you click on the piece that you want to delete then hit the delete botton on your keyboard.

Jeanine 01-06-2012 07:34 AM

My book and rulers were shipped. should arrive Tues or Wed. yipee. Only the software is backordered. After reading all of these posts, maybe that is for the best. lol Now, if only the fabric arrives.

Jeanine 01-06-2012 07:37 AM

I have enjoyed all of the pictures thus far. Sure makes me eager to start. Nancy (in MN) - I think it would depend on the room. That cream would be perfect in mine. Any idea where to get a cream like that? I don't have a store nearby and pictures online is often not quite right.

katybob 01-06-2012 08:11 AM

Thanks, luv, I think I was doing it backwards.

NDQuilts 01-06-2012 08:41 AM

Re: software. I just wish I could save some things to PDF. Id rather put things like rotary intructions onto my iPad than print.

heyuitsme 01-06-2012 09:16 AM

oooh, I'm suddenly loving dear jane. no, no...not joining up, but will definitely be lurking around. Waiting for fq's from my first swap, then I'm thinking I'll make a "selection" of dear jane blocks. Managed to find the book through and interlibrary loan, and after turning through just a few pages, while still in the library, I immediately determined I needed to buy this book. LOVE IT!