Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-block-party-january-2012-a-t162737.html)

katybob 01-06-2012 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 (Post 4849469)
I purchased the DJ triangle ruler and I made BR1. I am not sure where to measure this on the ruler.

If you're printing the block from the DJ software, make sure that you either click "size from quilt" or change the dimensions to 4" x 8". Otherwise it will print out 4.5" x 4.5". Ask me how I know this!

dakotamaid 01-06-2012 07:37 PM

"I decided to swap the red and cream [muslin]. I think I like the red as the background color much better:"

Thank you QuiltnNan, I love this idea, think I'll do my blue and white this way. Another copycat! :) Bless you for putting this in a format I can see. I'm not exactly computer savvy.

luvmortherest 01-06-2012 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by bchuggins (Post 4849715)
I started the Dear Jane a year and a half ago. Then life got in the way and now I am happily back to it. I did my blocks at 4.5 and my triangles as 5 x 8 but I am not sure what the measurement would be for the corner Kites? Is there anyone out there that would know the dimensions? It really is alot of fun!

the kites are 8x8

Anael 01-06-2012 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by katybob (Post 4849722)
If you're printing the block from the DJ software, make sure that you either click "size from quilt" or change the dimensions to 4" x 8". Otherwise it will print out 4.5" x 4.5". Ask me how I know this!

Dimensions for triangels are 5 x 8"

katybob 01-07-2012 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 4850301)
Dimensions for triangels are 5 x 8"

Oops! Thanks, Anael. That'll teach me to read my replies before I post them!

QuiltnNan 01-07-2012 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid (Post 4849948)
"I decided to swap the red and cream [muslin]. I think I like the red as the background color much better:"

Thank you QuiltnNan, I love this idea, think I'll do my blue and white this way. Another copycat! :) Bless you for putting this in a format I can see. I'm not exactly computer savvy.

You're welcome, DakotaMaid. Will you use the blue for the background or the block pieces? What color blue? All the same color blue?

Chay 01-07-2012 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 4848233)
Thanks for the info on the Just Takes 2. I'll check that out.

I just got back from the fabric store. They have a 60% coupon going [Mill End Textiles - fairly local and don't do online orders]. I got a full bolt [20yds] of 48" wide muslin for just over $1/yd!!!! On top of that, I used the gift card my DD gave me for Christmas. WooHoo!

I decided to swap the red and cream [muslin]. I think I like the red as the background color much better: [ATTACH=CONFIG]300857[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300859[/ATTACH]

Score on your fabric! It's funny, I would never have thought to switch the red and cream but you are so right, the red background is much better. I have a hard time thinking outside the box sometimes. It's in my head that the neutral should be the background color. Having your 2 pictures to compare is really interesting.

dakotamaid 01-07-2012 09:35 AM

"You're welcome, DakotaMaid. Will you use the blue for the background or the block pieces? What color blue? All the same color blue?"

I'm leaning toward the first one. Not sure, would like more of the color on the outside so am thinking, thinking. I'm using a royal blue, and white on white, all the same fabric. I let my daughter choose as it will be hers eventually. She is not a scrappy!!! LOL. She is also my biggest fan as she is not crafty or a sewer.

urgodschild2 01-07-2012 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by bookworm (Post 4849520)
Your BR1 looks a little odd. It should be the same size as the ruler. Unless you're doing a different size

hmmmmm I thought it looked odd too. I did print with the size to quilt clicked. I will have to go back to the drawing board and check it out. Maybe a lesson on how to use the ruler. Don't mind doing another one. so actually the triangles are much larger then the little squares????????

QuiltnNan 01-07-2012 10:02 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by dakotamaid (Post 4851439)
"You're welcome, DakotaMaid. Will you use the blue for the background or the block pieces? What color blue? All the same color blue?" I'm leaning toward the first one. Not sure, would like more of the color on the outside so am thinking, thinking. I'm using a royal blue, and white on white, all the same fabric. I let my daughter choose as it will be hers eventually. She is not a scrappy!!! LOL. She is also my biggest fan as she is not crafty or a sewer.

here's the blue/white with blue background or white background so you can compare [ATTACH=CONFIG]301180[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]301181[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]301184[/ATTACH]