Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-block-party-january-2012-a-t162737.html)

Cre8tvlwyr 01-12-2012 08:48 PM

I bought the cd directly from Brenda several months ago - so I sent her the question about printing as well.
Spartan quilter - what a great idea!! the wait will be well worth it. Makes me want to incorporate some of my Mom's clothes into the quilt.... hmmmm

Having company for dinner tomorrow night - I should be sewing those three blocks tonight...

I will send a mass PM to everyone when the other site is up - that way I will know who I am missing!! ...not tonight - I will post here when I do so!
Gus

Rebecca VLQ 01-13-2012 05:37 AM

Oh dear. I should jump in here, since I've found it at the beginning. :D

fromzstore 01-13-2012 05:46 AM

i saw a site that had the dear jane quilted really beautiful now cant find it alot of up close pictures anyone have any ideas where this could be cant seem to find it again

dakotamaid 01-13-2012 05:48 AM

Green Fairy blog. Might this be it.

http://greenfairyquilts.blogspot.com...dear-jane.html

fromzstore 01-13-2012 06:00 AM

that is it thanks

Linda

sewNso 01-13-2012 06:16 AM

remember, if you quilt something really close together, then it isn't going to be soft and snuggly. hope my jane doesn't turn out that way, but it prob will, cause i am quilting mine closer than i usually do my quilts. the QAYG prob makes it softer tho.

TymeToShine 01-13-2012 07:20 AM

If I use vinegar to set the colors in my fat quarters, do I still need to use color catchers. Do you use the color catchers before or after you make the quilt? It seems that if I were to throw a bunch of fat quarters in the washer with a color catchers I would have a mass of balled up thread????

katybob 01-13-2012 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by TymeToShine (Post 4870359)
If I use vinegar to set the colors in my fat quarters, do I still need to use color catchers. Do you use the color catchers before or after you make the quilt? It seems that if I were to throw a bunch of fat quarters in the washer with a color catchers I would have a mass of balled up thread????

Here's an excerpt from McElroy's "That Perfect Stitch" that I was just reading: "The traditional method of prewashing fabrics in solutions of salt or vinegar rarely helps set the colors. There is a product on the market called Retayne that has received good reviews and does a little better. ... Never trust that fabrics will be colorfast ..."

As for the tangled threads, it's aggravating, but I just bite the bullet and cut them off as I transfer the fabric from the washer to the drier.

dungeonquilter 01-13-2012 07:42 AM

Printing

Here are the replies so far to the printing more than one block per page from InfoEQ:

I would create a new block twice the size of the finished blocks and put
four blocks into the one new one.

Preview the templates for the new block, then move and delete individual
pieces until you're using as little paper as possible, then print.

Somebody else probably has an easier way, but this was the first thing that
came to mind. :)

Happy Quilting!
Elizabeth

Debra,
**If you want templates, or foundation piecing in units, probably not, but
possibly you could "scrunch" them to the top, then print and then turn the
page around and print on the bottom. But if you are printing a block on
freezer paper, cutting it apart and using the bits for templates, then you
can do it by making a 2 block quilt. Print them side by side, with a 1/2 "
sashing between (only, not around) and no border. Then print
in Landscape and it works very well. I've done it many times. Good luck!
Judy

Cre8tvlwyr 01-13-2012 08:29 AM

Well Ladies, got a quick response from the creator of our DJ pattern, Brenda herself - here's the email :)
I will share the InfoEQ response with her as well...

Dear Monica
Can only print one block at a time, but you can print two on a page.
Set your bottom margin to 5.125, don't print name, and print one block.
Turn your freezer paper around and choose another block. You will have two blocks on one sheet.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Say hi to the group for me!
Hugs,
brenda