Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-block-party-january-2012-a-t162737.html)

TymeToShine 01-10-2012 03:55 PM

Have gotten my software and rulers. Went to my LQS today to choose some fat quarters to get started and was pleasantly surprised they were having a sale on fat quarters! YAY! Have my background fabric ordered so I'm eager to get it to get started.

2 Doods 01-10-2012 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by mim (Post 4862359)
I'm not even up by then -- Once I had a new DH to snuggle to, I sleep late LOL
Mim

Lucky you!
I am up and at have to be at work by 7:30 AM . But I get off at noon, so it's all good.:thumbup:

Cre8tvlwyr 01-10-2012 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by mim (Post 4862359)
I'm not even up by then -- Once I had a new DH to snuggle to, I sleep late LOL
Mim

ahem.... are you in Washington or Maine right now??? because at 7:30 here it is 10:30 in Maine... kinda late snuggle?? :) guess it's never too late huh?

Cre8tvlwyr 01-10-2012 04:04 PM

If there are better times for people really interested - just let me know and I will figure out what works best - actually ...at the risk of having a very full PM box - but it is better than 100 posts here - I will simply delete after I compile them - why don't you PM me with good times and bad & I will report back.
Gus

linmid 01-10-2012 04:28 PM

When this thread is closed will we be able to come back and look at it?

Cre8tvlwyr 01-10-2012 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by linmid (Post 4862474)
When this thread is closed will we be able to come back and look at it?

absolutely! it will just not allow any other posts here. The main reason for this is so that new people will be able to start right at the beginning of the actual 'cyber-sew' rather than having to go through 40-80 pages to find the start. I will also begin the next thread with a list of all of the wonderful blogs and help sites members of this thread have posted over the past few months.
I hope it will make things easier :)

mim 01-10-2012 06:13 PM

I'm in WA for the winter -- in case anyone had questions -- This is our substitute for warm sunny Florida. We must have taken a wrong turn??????
Never too late to snuggle or to get married. We amazed a lot of people, I think.

Not over the hill yet -- Mim

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr (Post 4862421)
ahem.... are you in Washington or Maine right now??? because at 7:30 here it is 10:30 in Maine... kinda late snuggle?? :) guess it's never too late huh?

Jeanine 01-10-2012 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by mim (Post 4862831)
I'm in WA for the winter -- in case anyone had questions -- This is our substitute for warm sunny Florida. We must have taken a wrong turn??????
Not over the hill yet -- Mim

I live here in western WA year round. And this is the most mild "winter" I've ever seen. Summer was cooler and grayer than normal. Maybe we'll just have autumn year round? What a thought . . .

QuiltnNan 01-10-2012 06:28 PM

Here in Minnesota, it was 52 degrees all afternoon. I sunned myself in the bright sunshine. There's been no snow for over a month. We've been above normal for over 12 days in a row. Woohoo! Tomorrow, though, heading back to the deep freeze... may or may not have snow.

DottyD 01-11-2012 01:01 AM

I have been getting some tri's planned out and - take Top Row One for instance - from looking at the pattern on page 127, do you add a border? because as I look at it when you join it to the next triangle - you would lose part of the strips. Top Row Two - next to one on the same page does have added strips ! Hope you can see what I mean - any advice please?
DottyD in the UK.