Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along Week 7 Photo Page for Blocks 13 & 14 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmers-wife-quilt-along-week-7-photo-page-blocks-13-14-a-t64778.html)

leakus 09-19-2010 02:31 PM

Very nice blocks!!! I'll catch up some day...

rwquilts 09-19-2010 04:08 PM

Beautiful blocks, as always!!!

Darcene 09-19-2010 04:29 PM

Debo, Andrea and Ronda,

Thank you for the kind words...I was not too happy with the way they scanned....they really aren't that puckery and wrinkled..the scanner just wanted to add its' own two cents to the work....

I finally found a part time job so I may be slowing down some, but maybe I can get back in with the slackers now.....it is always nice to have a group of friends to quilt along with....

Debo 09-19-2010 10:09 PM

Darcene, good luck with the part time job.

rwquilts 09-20-2010 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Darcene
Debo, Andrea and Ronda,

Thank you for the kind words...I was not too happy with the way they scanned....they really aren't that puckery and wrinkled..the scanner just wanted to add its' own two cents to the work....

I finally found a part time job so I may be slowing down some, but maybe I can get back in with the slackers now.....it is always nice to have a group of friends to quilt along with....

I hear the "slackers" group is a great group of people! If you go there, I'm sure they'll welcome you with open arms, as long as they don't have to do anything to do that? LOL!

:lol:

Congratulations on the job!!!!!

sew cornie 09-20-2010 01:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Beautiful blocks Darcene!

Here are my #13 & #14:

janRN 09-20-2010 01:50 PM

Love your Christmasy blocks!

sew cornie 09-20-2010 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by janRN

Thanks. In person, there's a bit more contrast on #14. Pictures can sure skew the colors sometimes. I've wondered if folks are getting a bit tired of seeing the same fabrics over and over as I've posted my blocks.
:roll: At least I'm not getting tired of using them yet.

Darcene 09-20-2010 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie

Thanks. In person, there's a bit more contrast on #14. Pictures can sure skew the colors sometimes. I've wondered if folks are getting a bit tired of seeing the same fabrics over and over as I've posted my blocks.

Your blocks are beautiful and I love the fabrics you are using....I may have to take the plunge and start a second FWS using winter theme fabrics myself....I'm thinking snowy whites, slivers and blues....maybe just a little black for contrast and interest....

sslama 09-20-2010 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Darcene

Originally Posted by sew cornie

Your blocks are beautiful and I love the fabrics you are using....I may have to take the plunge and start a second FWS using winter theme fabrics myself....I'm thinking snowy whites, slivers and blues....maybe just a little black for contrast and interest....

I was thinking the same thing. I wish I had done one in Christmas fabrics. I guess it's never too late to start. :shock: I must be out of my mind. I already don't have enough time in my day :D