Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along Week 7 Photo Page for Blocks 13 & 14 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmers-wife-quilt-along-week-7-photo-page-blocks-13-14-a-t64778.html)

sew cornie 09-20-2010 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Darcene

Originally Posted by sew cornie

Originally Posted by janRN
Love your Christmasy blocks!

Thanks. In person, there's a bit more contrast on #14. Pictures can sure skew the colors sometimes. I've wondered if folks are getting a bit tired of seeing the same fabrics over and over as I've posted my blocks.
:roll: At least I'm not getting tired of using them yet.

Your blocks are beautiful and I love the fabrics you are using....I may have to take the plunge and start a second FWS using winter theme fabrics myself....I'm thinking snowy whites, slivers and blues....maybe just a little black for contrast and interest....

Oooh, that would be such an awesome combination!

rwquilts 09-21-2010 05:28 AM

sew cornie, your christmas blocks are beautiful!

wvdek 09-21-2010 07:35 AM

Purdy, purdy ya all. I hope to get my blocks donr this weekend as DH is on a trip for a few days so will get more done.

grannyQ 09-21-2010 10:21 AM

Here is my blocks 13 & 14

sew cornie 09-21-2010 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts
sew cornie, your christmas blocks are beautiful!

Thank you. I can honestly say I am loving everything about this project. It's challenging, fulfilling, and rewarding. And I'm finding the pace of 2 blocks a week to be just right. Good pace to see progression while not being overwhelmed by doing too many at once.

Keep up the great work everyone! One of the best parts of this is enjoying the pictures of all the different interpretations of the same blocks. Very cool!

JeanieG 09-25-2010 06:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well I did it again! I got my center squares reversed and did not notice it until I was totally finished with the block. It was so much work that I decided not to undo it.....so you and I will be the only ones to know that #13 is incorrect!

Block 13
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95437[/ATTACH]

Block 14
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95438[/ATTACH]

sew cornie 09-25-2010 08:46 PM

Jeanie, those are gorgeous!!

Debo 09-25-2010 09:27 PM

Those are just beautiful. Love the Christimas fabric. I wouldn't undo them either.

janRN 09-26-2010 04:52 AM

Love the Christmas fabric-beautiful blocks. Call it original design or artist's choice: not a mistake.

Darcene 09-26-2010 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG
Well I did it again! I got my center squares reversed and did not notice it until I was totally finished with the block. It was so much work that I decided not to undo it.....so you and I will be the only ones to know that #13 is incorrect!

Well, it looks to me as though you are an innovative designer...I like the look of the block so much better when done your way...I am going to bookmark this page so that when I make this block again I can make mine like yours.....