Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Farmer's Wife Sampler ending? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmers-wife-sampler-ending-t148732.html)

Pat from FL and MI 08-29-2011 06:41 AM

Hi! I'm new around here, and was looking forward to getting in on the FWS group. Boo-hoo, it is 'locked' and wrapping up!

Am I too late? Will it go thru again? Will I have access to the files and tips, etc.

Thanks in advance,

auntpiggylpn 08-29-2011 06:45 AM

Hello from Indiana! I have no answers for you in re: FWS, sorry!

janRN 08-29-2011 07:39 AM

Pat keep watching; I believe there is another group starting up when we finish ours. This has been an incredible journey-I've never done a group quilt-along before. If it wasn't for all the encouragement along the way, I know I'd have ended up with 111 potholders. Hope you join the next group that's forming--you'll really love it and it makes a beautiful quilt.

Pat from FL and MI 08-29-2011 07:51 AM

Oh thank you! I'm really glad to hear that! I have my fabrics pulled (mostly Annie's Farm Stand), my book is at the ready, and I recenty received the EQ for this quilt (need to install it). I'll be watching! 8-)

QuiltE 08-29-2011 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Pat from FL and MI
Oh thank you! I'm really glad to hear that! I have my fabrics pulled (mostly Annie's Farm Stand), my book is at the ready, and I recenty received the EQ for this quilt (need to install it). I'll be watching! 8-)

My understanding is that you can continue to use the threads from the original FWS group ... post to them with your blocks, as you go.

Pat from FL and MI 08-29-2011 08:04 AM

My understanding is that you can continue to use the threads from the original FWS group ... post to them with your blocks, as you go.[/quote]

But it says "locked". I don't think I can. Maybe I just don't understand how this all works yet. :shock:

Rebecca VLQ 08-29-2011 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
If it wasn't for all the encouragement along the way, I know I'd have ended up with 111 potholders.

Jan you made me LOL this morning. :D :D :D

patricej 08-29-2011 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Pat from FL and MI
My understanding is that you can continue to use the threads from the original FWS group ... post to them with your blocks, as you go.

But it says "locked". I don't think I can. Maybe I just don't understand how this all works yet. :shock:

you can still read locked topics and make use of the information in them. :-)

quiltntoday 08-29-2011 06:34 PM

Well, does that mean if the Farmer's Wife Sampler is still able to be viewed and contributed to, is the Dear Jane project available too? I've been wanting to make a Dear Jane quilt but haven't been motivated enough.

patricej 08-30-2011 01:22 AM

some of the topics are locked because they were posted strictly to provide information. had members been able to add comments, that information would have gotten lost and forgotten because so many people don't take the time to read through a topic before they add their two cents. those topics are locked to prevent them being taken off-track.

the topics that are not locked are there so members can posts comments, questions, pictures, as appropriate to each of those particular topics.

there is no need for confusion or controversy.

a bit of patience would be very helpful, though.