Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42

Thread: Farmer's Wife Sampler ending?

  1. #1
    Member Pat from FL and MI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Florida and Michigan, USA
    Posts
    15
    Hi! I'm new around here, and was looking forward to getting in on the FWS group. Boo-hoo, it is 'locked' and wrapping up!

    Am I too late? Will it go thru again? Will I have access to the files and tips, etc.

    Thanks in advance,

  2. #2
    Super Member auntpiggylpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Michigan. . .FINALLY!!!!
    Posts
    6,916
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hello from Indiana! I have no answers for you in re: FWS, sorry!

  3. #3
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    4,601
    Pat keep watching; I believe there is another group starting up when we finish ours. This has been an incredible journey-I've never done a group quilt-along before. If it wasn't for all the encouragement along the way, I know I'd have ended up with 111 potholders. Hope you join the next group that's forming--you'll really love it and it makes a beautiful quilt.

  4. #4
    Member Pat from FL and MI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Florida and Michigan, USA
    Posts
    15
    Oh thank you! I'm really glad to hear that! I have my fabrics pulled (mostly Annie's Farm Stand), my book is at the ready, and I recenty received the EQ for this quilt (need to install it). I'll be watching! 8-)

  5. #5
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat from FL and MI
    Oh thank you! I'm really glad to hear that! I have my fabrics pulled (mostly Annie's Farm Stand), my book is at the ready, and I recenty received the EQ for this quilt (need to install it). I'll be watching! 8-)
    My understanding is that you can continue to use the threads from the original FWS group ... post to them with your blocks, as you go.

  6. #6
    Member Pat from FL and MI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Florida and Michigan, USA
    Posts
    15
    My understanding is that you can continue to use the threads from the original FWS group ... post to them with your blocks, as you go.[/quote]

    But it says "locked". I don't think I can. Maybe I just don't understand how this all works yet. :shock:

  7. #7
    Super Member Rebecca VLQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,490
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    If it wasn't for all the encouragement along the way, I know I'd have ended up with 111 potholders.
    Jan you made me LOL this morning. :D :D :D

  8. #8
    Community Manager PatriceJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,170
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat from FL and MI
    My understanding is that you can continue to use the threads from the original FWS group ... post to them with your blocks, as you go.

    But it says "locked". I don't think I can. Maybe I just don't understand how this all works yet. :shock:
    you can still read locked topics and make use of the information in them. :-)

  9. #9
    Junior Member quiltntoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    SW KY
    Posts
    189
    Well, does that mean if the Farmer's Wife Sampler is still able to be viewed and contributed to, is the Dear Jane project available too? I've been wanting to make a Dear Jane quilt but haven't been motivated enough.

  10. #10
    Community Manager PatriceJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,170
    Blog Entries
    3
    some of the topics are locked because they were posted strictly to provide information. had members been able to add comments, that information would have gotten lost and forgotten because so many people don't take the time to read through a topic before they add their two cents. those topics are locked to prevent them being taken off-track.

    the topics that are not locked are there so members can posts comments, questions, pictures, as appropriate to each of those particular topics.

    there is no need for confusion or controversy.

    a bit of patience would be very helpful, though.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Aiken, S.C.
    Posts
    18
    Blog Entries
    1
    please let me know when the next FWS begins again, I would love to jump in. I've done 3 blocks but think it would be fun to do with a group.

  12. #12
    Member Pat from FL and MI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Florida and Michigan, USA
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    some of the topics are locked because they were posted strictly to provide information. had members been able to add comments, that information would have gotten lost and forgotten because so many people don't take the time to read through a topic before they add their two cents. those topics are locked to prevent them being taken off-track.

    the topics that are not locked are there so members can posts comments, questions, pictures, as appropriate to each of those particular topics.

    there is no need for confusion or controversy.

    a bit of patience would be very helpful, though.
    Thanks you SOOO much! That is information I couldn't find anywhere (I'm sure it's there somewhere). Like I said, being new here, I assumed it was my confusion. I have no controvery, at all. Life is much too short for that! Again, thanks for the clarity.

  13. #13
    Super Member Murphy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Folsom, CA
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    2
    You can still access the information. The cutting instructions are fabulous and work much better for me than trying to use the templates on the CD. Honchey did a fabulous job of putting those together for the quilters. Reading many many of the threads I also found it was important to really starch your fabric before cutting and also use a shy 1/4 seam. I hope to start this quilt along with others when they start up again, but the work of the first group, comments and suggestions on the site are so helpful. This is a wonderful support group.

  14. #14
    Senior Member lindy-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    815
    i just got the book and am colecting fabric and would love to be part off afarmers wife quilt along

  15. #15
    Super Member Evie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,767
    Blog Entries
    17
    I think the only topics that are LOCKED are the two introductory pages. All of the discussion, photo and rotary cutting pages are still open and being added to. I have them all on "My Pages" to making them easily accessible to me.

  16. #16
    Senior Member grandma sue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Owasso, OK
    Posts
    418
    I've been wanting to start it too. A friend gave me the book and CD but I've just been too scared to start it. How can we access the original tips on it?

  17. #17
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,851
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma sue
    I've been wanting to start it too. A friend gave me the book and CD but I've just been too scared to start it. How can we access the original tips on it?
    The threads are all here on the Boards still ... use the search function, and you'll find them easy enough!

  18. #18
    Member Pat from FL and MI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Florida and Michigan, USA
    Posts
    15
    The threads are all here on the Boards still ... use the search function, and you'll find them easy enough![/quote]

    Thanks so much for this information. Everyone here has been so helpful. I do hope a new group starts up, but it's good to know I can still access the info from the first go-around.

  19. #19
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat from FL and MI
    The threads are all here on the Boards still ... use the search function, and you'll find them easy enough!
    Thanks so much for this information. Everyone here has been so helpful. I do hope a new group starts up, but it's good to know I can still access the info from the first go-around.[/quote]

    And you can still post your work to the threads ... and ask questions!

  20. #20
    Super Member reeskylr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Castle Rock, Washington State
    Posts
    1,972
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    If it wasn't for all the encouragement along the way, I know I'd have ended up with 111 potholders.
    Jan you made me LOL this morning. :D :D :D
    Me too!! I could just picture 111 potholders laying all over her kitchen. :mrgreen:

  21. #21
    Senior Member redvette54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by reeskylr
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    If it wasn't for all the encouragement along the way, I know I'd have ended up with 111 potholders.
    Jan you made me LOL this morning. :D :D :D
    Me too!! I could just picture 111 potholders laying all over her kitchen. :mrgreen:
    That's one of the reasons, I hope a new group starts. I've done the first 2 blocks, was looking at the blocks last night. This project will test my skill. How many quilters were in the first group? After all the work, will anyone be gifting their quilt? Hopefully, I will finish it a keep it as a family heirloom

  22. #22
    Super Member sewNso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S C michigan
    Posts
    2,007
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltntoday
    Well, does that mean if the Farmer's Wife Sampler is still able to be viewed and contributed to, is the Dear Jane project available too? I've been wanting to make a Dear Jane quilt but haven't been motivated enough.
    yes, you can get to the jane stuff. i started mine in march i think. there are others just getting started. but get the CD for jane.
    is the FWS CD stand alone? just found this link and i am going to keep my eye open for the NEW FWS GROUP GOING. I might do one.

  23. #23
    Member Pat from FL and MI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Florida and Michigan, USA
    Posts
    15
    is the FWS CD stand alone? just found this link and i am going to keep my eye open for the NEW FWS GROUP GOING. I might do one.[/quote]

    No the FWS CD is not stand alone. You need EQ to use it. The DJ CD is stand alone.

  24. #24
    Senior Member Morningcoffeegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    OFallon, MO
    Posts
    426
    Blog Entries
    1
    Has another group started?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pat from FL and MI
    is the FWS CD stand alone? just found this link and i am going to keep my eye open for the NEW FWS GROUP GOING. I might do one.
    No the FWS CD is not stand alone. You need EQ to use it. The DJ CD is stand alone.[/quote]

  25. #25
    Super Member Evie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,767
    Blog Entries
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat from FL and MI
    is the FWS CD stand alone? just found this link and i am going to keep my eye open for the NEW FWS GROUP GOING. I might do one.
    No the FWS CD is not stand alone. You need EQ to use it. The DJ CD is stand alone.[/quote]

    Not quite true because I don't have EQ and I've done all 111 blocks. I believe you have to buy a separate CD to use with EQ. The CD with the book has all the templates individually, but if you go the the FWSQ site you can download the free templates which are sorted by the block. http://www.thefarmerswifequilt.com/T...rrections.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.