Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt-Along Week 6 Photos for Blocks 11 & 12 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmers-wife-sampler-quilt-along-week-6-photos-blocks-11-12-a-t63769.html)

JeanieG 11-06-2011 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4644714)
Now these 2 were fun to do! Pleased how they turned out. Too bad photograper isn't any better than what she is!

Great blocks oksewglad!

QuiltE 11-11-2011 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4644714)
Now these 2 were fun to do! Pleased how they turned out. Too bad photograper isn't any better than what she is!

And pleased you should be!!!!
They're lovely ... white/blue nice and crispy fresh, and browns, yes that's more like "my" earlier thoughts on CW! :)

nickylsf 01-05-2012 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 4595449)
I'm looking forward to seeing your blocks soon ... between combining, right?
Good Luck with the auction.

Hi Quilt E, Jeanie G, and OKSewGlad, I truly am the last one! These two are next for me. Great job on your blocks, and thanks for your continued support.

QuiltE 01-05-2012 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by nickylsf (Post 4844363)
Hi Quilt E, Jeanie G, and OKSewGlad, I truly am the last one! These two are next for me. Great job on your blocks, and thanks for your continued support.

Nope, you're not the last one :) .... there's been some other newbies in the last few days!
So just continue on when time allows you.
Remember, there's no race ... the joy is in the journey!

Quilting Nonnie 01-05-2012 09:39 AM

Hear! Hear! Well said QE...you don't want to end up getting burnt out on the blocks! I recently took a hiatus from making blocks (I have 16 to go) because I was pressuring myself to hurry, hurry, hurry and get the last ones done. I found myself not enjoying them at all. Now I'm making a lap quilt I've wanted to do for a long time and relaxing!

nickylsf 01-21-2012 10:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my blocks 11 and 12, Broken Dishes and Broken Sugar Bowl. I am working on several projects, including Carol Doak's 50 Fabulous PP Stars, the QB Calendar BOM and also FMQing a gift quilt, so it's slow going. Having a great time, though!

Quilting Nonnie 01-21-2012 12:13 PM

I love both your blocks. The broken dishes is very rich in color. I like the reds you chose in Broken Sugar Bowl. Nice going. Just keep being positive...you have a lot going, but very exciting things.

QuiltE 01-21-2012 02:46 PM

Nicely done NickyLSF ... I particularly like the Broken Sugar Bowl, because of the colours, and the fabric patterns. It really shows it off well.

Yea for you and all your projects on the go!
Remember, there's no rush in this journey ... it should be a work of love that you enjoy to the max, rather than letting it become something you detest!!!!

oksewglad 01-21-2012 04:52 PM

Hey nicky, the blocks are great! Colors and contrast on the Sugar bowl is my fav, and good piecing job on the first. My FWS are on hold for now as I joined the PC (too many persuasive folks here, as she gently rubs her twisted arm!!)

Anael 05-29-2012 07:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
So here are my blocks 11 and 12. [ATTACH=CONFIG]338586[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]338587[/ATTACH]