Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Feb 15 2011 - STARS BOM PICTURES. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/feb-15-2011-stars-bom-pictures-t99903.html)

Crlyn 02-20-2011 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Surfergirl
I posted a question concerning the "unfinished" size of this star block and didn't get any replies. My block came out smaller than the "unfinished" 12 1/2" size. I want to make another block due to the fact that my points don't match up as well as I would like them to...I'm learning to PP.

Check your pattern for the 1" scale, mine came out just a fraction smaller than the 1". Maybe that's your problem!

So my question is, how do you get the pattern to be exact "??

JudyG 02-20-2011 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Crlyn

I posted a question concerning the "unfinished" size of this star block and didn't get any replies. My block came out smaller than the "unfinished" 12 1/2" size. I want to make another block due to the fact that my points don't match up as well as I would like them to...I'm learning to PP.

Check your pattern for the 1" scale, mine came out just a fraction smaller than the 1". Maybe that's your problem!

As Nickylsf said, you might want to leave a little extra fabric on the outside edges and only trim up the pieces which will be joined in the center. Then trim up the outside edges after the blocks are sewn together.

Floralfab 02-20-2011 12:41 PM

Very pretty. Love your colors.

Floralfab 02-20-2011 12:43 PM

I like your bright colors. Still have to do my block yet. Check my avitar. I have a little dog that looks like yours!

Floralfab 02-20-2011 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by violetsfarm
Here is my Chocolate Jerrie Star for Feb BOM. Thanks Jerrie

Very pretty colors!

Veronica 02-20-2011 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I need some help, still learning about color value.
This is also for my QOV.

I see from the photo that I missed a point.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141058[/ATTACH]

sapdoggie 02-20-2011 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Veronica
I need some help, still learning about color value.
This is also for my QOV.

I like the swirls on the flags. !

pheasantduster 02-20-2011 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, here's my Feb Star BOM. I must be one of those people who learn by their mistakes. If so, I am sure learning! This is my Valentine BOM - vivid I know lol
My white fabric was white on white and, of course, after checking all eight pieces realized the white was on the wrong side on three triangles. Rip out and start over but easier because my adjoining pieces were already cut. Despite a lot of work I did enjoy learning. By December I am going to be a wiz in pp.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love seeing everyone's combination of fabrics - envy your talents in choosing choices of colors. thank you.

Feb BOM Stars - Valentine's Day
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149909[/ATTACH]

Crlyn 02-20-2011 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG

Originally Posted by Crlyn

As Nickylsf said, you might want to leave a little extra fabric on the outside edges and only trim up the pieces which will be joined in the center. Then trim up the outside edges after the blocks are sewn together.

Thanks for that Judy, should have thought of that myself, ddhhh!!!

sapdoggie 02-20-2011 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by pheasantduster
Well, here's my Feb Star BOM. I must be one of those people who learn by their mistakes. If so, I am sure learning! This is my Valentine BOM - vivid I know lol
My white fabric was white on white and, of course, after checking all eight pieces realized the white was on the wrong side on three triangles. Rip out and start over but easier because my adjoining pieces were already cut. Despite a lot of work I did enjoy learning. By December I am going to be a wiz in pp.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love seeing everyone's combination of fabrics - envy your talents in choosing choices of colors. thank you.

This looks like a great beginning for the March Doll Quilt theme- red and white. Good job :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: