Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Feb 15 2011 - STARS BOM PICTURES. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/feb-15-2011-stars-bom-pictures-t99903.html)

nickylsf 02-20-2011 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by pheasantduster
Well, here's my Feb Star BOM. I must be one of those people who learn by their mistakes. If so, I am sure learning! This is my Valentine BOM - vivid I know lol
My white fabric was white on white and, of course, after checking all eight pieces realized the white was on the wrong side on three triangles. Rip out and start over but easier because my adjoining pieces were already cut. Despite a lot of work I did enjoy learning. By December I am going to be a wiz in pp.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love seeing everyone's combination of fabrics - envy your talents in choosing choices of colors. thank you.

Very pretty in red and white!

Jenniky 02-20-2011 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished my star today.. here is the picture.. I love the pattern and had lots of fun making it.

Jen

Feb BOM STAR
[ATTACH=CONFIG]154723[/ATTACH]

marymc 02-20-2011 04:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Snow came in and gave me an excuse to sew. I am doing 2 stars each month and I want to use only dark blues and whites. This was a challenge. Points are not exact and I did not finish pressing and squaring but I am happy with both of them.

AddieLou 02-20-2011 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by pheasantduster
Well, here's my Feb Star BOM. I must be one of those people who learn by their mistakes. If so, I am sure learning! This is my Valentine BOM - vivid I know lol
My white fabric was white on white and, of course, after checking all eight pieces realized the white was on the wrong side on three triangles. Rip out and start over but easier because my adjoining pieces were already cut. Despite a lot of work I did enjoy learning. By December I am going to be a wiz in pp.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love seeing everyone's combination of fabrics - envy your talents in choosing choices of colors. thank you.

Love the reds! Perfect for February!

user15356 02-20-2011 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Veronica
I need some help, still learning about color value.
This is also for my QOV.

I love the colors! Looks like a 4th of July picnic. I'm sick of the snow...............

nickylsf 02-20-2011 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky
I finished my star today.. here is the picture.. I love the pattern and had lots of fun making it.

Jen

Very Pretty! I really enjoyed making it too.

user15356 02-20-2011 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by AddieLou

Originally Posted by AddieLou
I have never paper pieced before. My first attempt was a failure - totally messed up the technique. Second attempt technique was better, made the whole star, but don't like the color combination. Not enough contrast. Third attempt - technique seems under control, I am satisfied with my colors, but I messed up the order of where some of the colors were supposed to go (used some B colors on the A side). Sooo - hopefully attempt number 4 will be a success!

Here is number 4 - my first ever paper pieced block!
What fun!!

Great work! I feel bad because so many had problems. I hope everyone keeps trying because paperpiecing is probably as close as one can get to perfect. :hunf: :XD:

nickylsf 02-20-2011 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by marymc
Snow came in and gave me an excuse to sew. I am doing 2 stars each month and I want to use only dark blues and whites. This was a challenge. Points are not exact and I did not finish pressing and squaring but I am happy with both of them.

Your blue and white stars quilt is going to be beautiful!

user15356 02-20-2011 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by mstandridge

Originally Posted by mstandridge
i posted my block on the pattern site I was to excited to get in in. but I limited my points because I want to keep my stars to a limited number of fabrics i am going to check into some additonal colors that I plan to put into the sashing and outside border when finished it will add a teal color then i may redo this star with the additonal color.

I was challenged to try and make the entire pp block so went out and got the additional fabric WOW what a difference but boy was alot of work! But I am so happy with the results!

Thanks for the little encouragement to push myself.

You difinately have the true heart of a quilter! :thumbup:

sapdoggie 02-20-2011 05:45 PM

Jenniky and Marymc- Great Job. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: