Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Finally! #12 Mystery quilt starts Feb. 27, 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/finally-12-mystery-quilt-starts-feb-27-2016-a-t275922.html)

zozee 02-25-2016 12:14 PM

Okay, I'm hoppin aboard! So, all I need to get started is a favorite piece of fabric in a fairly decent size? Can you tell us the finished size of this one (provided we don't want to upsize it)? That will help me figure out which focus fabric to go with (adult, child, decor, etc).

Anoka Quilter 02-25-2016 12:57 PM

Zozee, the hardest thing about these mysteries is waiting for Saturday and the clued to be revealed. Only approximately 42 more hours to go.

The first clue with be the fabric requirements for the project.

lawsonmugs 02-25-2016 02:14 PM

OK Sunliten,you had me with Dark Chocolate.Zozee be sure to check out the link on Saturday that Judy posts. A lot of your questions will be answered then. She tells what types of colors and shades 0f fabric colors,also amounts of each. What's best is she posts pictures of what hers is so you have a much better idea of what to choose for your own. You can ask questions as we go along also. All the ladies and Judy will try to help anyone who needs some help. It's a free mystery and lots of fun.Join in.

ctyankee 02-25-2016 03:11 PM

Well, I had planned on doing one of the Mystery quilts last year, but somehow that didn't happen ... must've fallen off the train. My plan this time is to not fall off because I have plenty of fabric whining about being left in the dark. So I will be ready on Saturday to take notes & make that mad dash into my stash ... Judy, so glad your wrist is better.

lawsonmugs 02-25-2016 03:33 PM

Yeah Pamela.

busy fingers 02-25-2016 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter (Post 7476848)
Zozee, the hardest thing about these mysteries is waiting for Saturday and the clued to be revealed. Only approximately 42 more hours to go.

I have to wait until it is Sunday as I am in the Land Down Under so it is an extra agonising day for me to wait.

AngeliaNR 02-25-2016 03:58 PM

I am SO ready!

Jeanne S 02-25-2016 03:59 PM

What time Saturday???? I am excited for my first train ride!!!!

zozee 02-25-2016 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 7476883)
OK Sunliten,you had me with Dark Chocolate.Zozee be sure to check out the link on Saturday that Judy posts. A lot of your questions will be answered then. She tells what types of colors and shades 0f fabric colors,also amounts of each. What's best is she posts pictures of what hers is so you have a much better idea of what to choose for your own. You can ask questions as we go along also. All the ladies and Judy will try to help anyone who needs some help. It's a free mystery and lots of fun.Join in.

Thank you? I'm standing in the depot with a bunch of other eager passengers. Can I be patient? I think I can, I think I can!

Evie 02-25-2016 04:59 PM

I'll miss the Saturday start because I have to attend a funeral, but I'll hop a later train and catch up with y'all at the next station. Like QltrSue I have been working on UFOs, so I am looking forward to starting a new project. Thanks, Judy!