Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   FW Medallion BOTW Schedule, Photos, and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fw-medallion-botw-schedule-photos-discussion-t311592.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 10-20-2020 07:18 AM

Have the pieces laid out to fit together now, looks like the picture in the book. LAH is an hand quilter, so it pays to 'look' at the way she puts everything together. It is like when all else fails, read the directions. Our first mentor was Honchey, and who coached us to 'pin' before we stitched the seam to see if we did it right. Another person said to use long stitches (basting) that could be ripped out easy. I have a small paper punch to mark the corners from the template on to the fabric where to sew the piece. I lay out the pieces, then sew them together. It helps not to rip out as often. Somtimes,I 'talk' to myself under my breath. Do you?

QuiltingNinaSue 10-21-2020 06:25 AM

Now I have figured out the Center the center piece, it is a Y seam! Sew up to the yoke ,hold the needle down and turn the piece, put down the pressure foot down again and sew the last of the Y, clip and it presses out flat. There are many videos demonstrating it.

carriem 10-31-2020 12:00 PM

For those who are working on blocks, we would love to see what you have done even if they are the "current week's" blocks. :)

I still am unable to do a lot of cutting, especially not paper piecing/working with small pieces of fabrics. I am waiting for insurance approval for an MRI on my thumb/wrist to see what is going on. The cortisone injection gave me no relief.

Here is the schedule for November: Nov 2nd-8th #95 & #118

Nov 9th-15th #104 & #64

Nov 16th-22nd #32 & #12

Nov 23rd-29th #6 & #83

Nov 30th-Dec 6th #36 & #41

Midwestmom 11-01-2020 08:41 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are the blocks I have completed so far. I am trying to decide how big to make this quilt before I continue.

QuiltingNinaSue 11-01-2020 09:20 AM

Looking good. I am working slowly, enjoying the second or third round of the middle. JeanieG is due back from her vacation this week. Carrie, I am sorry you don't have a solution yet, but do hang in there in finding one that works for you.

JeanieG 11-01-2020 10:00 AM

Midwestmom - Those are so pretty, I love the colors you are using! I have mine all caught up, but have not got photos of them yet as we just got home Thursday afternoon. I need to press them, then sew them to the first round.

JeanieG 11-08-2020 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my quilt put together so far, with the 8" blocks and sashing. I have some of the 6" blocks completed, I will put them up on the display wall and take a picture later. Don't know if I like the Medallion way of putting this together because you have to stop and sew them together and put on the sashing strips - but by the time we are done with all the blocks it will be almost finished.

CaleyH 11-08-2020 01:20 PM

Jeanie, That's so lovely kooking

QuiltingNinaSue 11-08-2020 02:26 PM

JeanieG, that is a wonderful example to follow. Love your beginning of a great top to be. I am just on the second part of the center, then will do the flying geese.

JeanieG 11-08-2020 06:15 PM

Each step seems to take forever!