Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS 30"s Quilt-Along Week 1 Blocks-Addie & Aimee (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-30-s-quilt-along-week-1-blocks-addie-aimee-t268356.html)

Texas_Sue 08-05-2015 12:05 PM

I have my paper piece printed for both blocks and hope to get these done today. It may actually be tomorrow before I get it done, but I'm raring to go! Now, just to select my fabrics and go from there.

Susan

Rosyhf 08-05-2015 12:30 PM

I'm late but I will get caught up directly...

janRN 08-05-2015 01:45 PM

Cooky, to make it easier, instead of pins use the little red Clover Clips. Still use a pin to find the point then put a clip on either side of the pin, remove pin, add more clips if seam is long then sew. The clips will slip off as you get to them. Pins can too easily distort the fabric & paper (not to mention sticking your finger). I got slammed on another thread because someone thought the clips are an expensive waste of money. My response to that: "bleep". If I get the desired results and find an easier way to do it it's worth the money. I got a box of the clips on Amazon for under $20; you can get some at Joanne's with a coupon for less than $10. Just a suggestion to make paper piecing easier and more enjoyable!

JeanieG 08-05-2015 03:01 PM

Great idea Jan! I'll have to try that. I do agree that the pins tend to distort the fabric and paper.

Pam P 08-05-2015 03:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Adding my blocks! As far as the Clover clips, wish I had them. CookyIN, I used the pin trick the way you said and that worked fine but I did have a little bit of a struggle. As far as the clips being expensive, something is worth to you what it is worth to you. I have thrown away $20 on many more useless things!

Pam P 08-05-2015 03:42 PM

Now what did I do to get the blue triangles on one side the way it is supposed to be but not on the other side in Aimee?

Honchey 08-05-2015 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pam P (Post 7278137)
Now what did I do to get the blue triangles on one side the way it is supposed to be but not on the other side in Aimee?

Pam, Your block is perfect..the little extra in the 2 triangles disappears in the seam allowance..Your blocks turned out great and I love the print fabric in Addie...

Pam P 08-05-2015 04:10 PM

Oh ok thanks Honchey! Looking forward to doing the next two.

katybob 08-05-2015 04:37 PM

I use those little clips for all kinds of things. Love 'em! And I sometimes put tiny dots of Elmer's glue in the seam allowance to hold the pieces together.

CookyIN 08-05-2015 04:57 PM

Pam, you likely did what I did. I pieced one of my sections in a different order because it seemed easier to me -- and it was, but then I lost the tips of my blue triangles. Luckily I realized the tips disappear in the seam allowance before ripping out! I'll post a pic tomorrow.