Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS 30's Quilt-Along Week 2 Blocks Alice & Ann (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-30s-quilt-along-week-2-blocks-alice-ann-t268640.html)

Honchey 08-11-2015 06:21 AM

The FWS 30's Quilt-Along Week 2 Blocks Alice & Ann

2 Attachment(s)
Most of us managed to get thru the first week, some are still have some difficulty..Perservere Ladies!!! don't give up!! It does get easier with the help of patience...

Here are my Alice & Anne...I will no longer trim the little angles on the outside sections cause for some reason :) I have tiny spaces around the edge of Ann and I'm not redoing it..

As you can see ladies my blocks are not perfect.. There's going to be a lot of humility in them for this go round..

Now let's see yours!!!

CookyIN 08-11-2015 06:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Oh Honchey, I love the colors you chose, and your piecing sure looks good to me!

Here are mine. You'll notice I simplified the outside arrows on Alice -- this is supposed to be enjoyable not my life's work. Besides, Alice is related to the letter about the mother playing with her children, and for some reason the way I did the arrows reminds me of the board games I played in the 60s. Maybe the Sorry game? I also changed the color of the center square to add a bit of punch, though it made it less of a true checkerboard design.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]527513[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]527514[/ATTACH]

Can't wait to see what everyone else did with these!

grannyQ 08-11-2015 06:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Anne & Cooky, I love your blocks, they are very pretty. Here is mine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]527515[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]527516[/ATTACH]
I stopped cutting the corners also. It made them look unfinished.

CookyIN 08-11-2015 07:02 AM

GrannyQ, I'm really liking your green theme with your blocks!

huskyquilter 08-11-2015 08:30 AM

Oh, wow! So pretty everyone! I'm going to get started on Alice tonight!!!

Honchey 08-11-2015 08:30 AM

Cooky & granny, Love, love, love your blocks...Oh the many shades of green:) and the bright bold colors of red, yellow & blue... amazing how they all come together...are you loving it yet Cooky??? :D

janRN 08-11-2015 08:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Love Tuesdays!! What great blocks, ladies. I don't see any problems at all. Love the different colors and Cooky your changes give it a new look. Anne, wasn't sure I'd like 30s fabric but I really do now. GrannyQ, how many greens do you have in your stash? Lovely!

Here are mine. Yep, screwed up the bottom point. Will fix it when I attach sashing (or maybe not).[ATTACH=CONFIG]527524[/ATTACH]

Pam P 08-11-2015 08:52 AM

Wow! I love all the color combinations on these blocks! Hope to get started on mine tonight, can't wait!

Honchey 08-11-2015 09:38 AM

Jan your curly Q tail will disappear in the seam allowance.. The batiks glow in these blocks!!

katybob 08-11-2015 10:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Everyone's blocks are terrific -- great fabric choices! Here are my Alice and Ann.
<strike></strike>[ATTACH=CONFIG]527530[/ATTACH]